I have over 20 years' cumulative professional experience, ten as a magazine and newspaper journalist (published in magazines and newspapers in New York, the UK and South Africa), and another ten as a communications professional at international health organizations.
Read More »
Having worked in the media world, and in the private and (global) public sectors, with postgraduate degrees in varied fields (an MBA and medical anthropology) I am curious about almost anything, I am resilient, and I can quickly assimilate new material and turn it into clear,...
I do have subject preferences (biomedical and alternative approaches to health, illness and treatment; nutrition, children's health, travel, food) but I work flexibly across almost any subject matter, as I had to do as a news journalist.
My strengths and greatest interests are in:
- Medical and health narratives
- Medical and health-related news
- People (personality) profiles
- Features focusing on human behaviour
- Food trends, food science, and cooking
- Nutrition, food sources, sustainable agriculture
- Writing about behavioral health
- Alternative health writing
- Writing about personalities
- Press releases
Read More »