I have over 20 years’ experience in Asia, U.S. and Europe translating user desires and market dynamics into innovative IT solutions and creative business strategies. I have worked in large MNCs (Thomson Reuters, Goldman Sachs and Accenture) and have entrepreneurial initiatives at cutting-edge start-ups. I've leveraged my strong technical background to develop and execute visionary business plans and have used my decisive business acumen to drive for major results.
Read More »
I have deep operational expertise in:
- Developing and leading teams to...
I am a business development and transformation specialist in IT-related fields, with particular experience in financial information & technology, though I have more recently branched into Cloud & Grid-computing solutions. I have global experience having coordinated and managed teams across multiple geographies, with particular experience in Asia.
Of particular note, I was instrumental in:
• Tripling revenue (to $30m) and growth (to 27%) in three years of Thomson Financial’s Asian sell-side business, surpassing revenue and operating income targets every year in a highly challenging environment of change requiring leadership and collaboration across multiple functions;
• Leading teams to formulate and execute division-wide market entry/growth strategies for Asia with a particular focus on Japan, China and India;
• Bringing Thomson ONE, Thomson Financial’s award-winning and market-leading flagship solution, to market resulting in >US$200m in global recurring revenue across multiple market segments;
• Negotiating complex multi-region, multi-product firm-wide contracts as a client, vendor or partner up to US$10m in annual value.
If you are an IT-based organisation seeking an executive with global perspective & experience and an entrepreneurial bent to create, transform or accelerate your business, especially in Asia, then I can help you develop strategies as well as following through to execution.
Read More »
Director & Co-founder
2011 - Present
GridMarkets is creating an exchange for institutions to trade excess CPU capacity with other institutions with (high) computational needs, especially for grid/distributed/parallel computing, but...
2011 - Present
CloudGarage aims to translate the hype into technically-workable business-grounded solutions. I am involved with a group of technical experts to commercialise various Cloud-based technologies into...
Strategic Business Development Director – Asia
2008 - 2011
Lead teams to formulate and execute divisional Asia-wide strategies.
• Developed 5 year mainland China market entry/growth plan detailing product/content, infrastructure, sales &
Sales & Product Manager: Sell-side Segment – Asia
2005 - 2008
Managed the US$30m investment banking, sell-side research and private equity/venture capital business in Asia, including Japan. With limited experience or contacts in the region and minimal support...
Vice President – Investment Banking & Research
2002 - 2005
Managed senior relationships at bulge-bracket clients to deliver products and customised solutions such as In/Extranets, requiring coordination of multiple organisational entities with competing...
Goldman, Sachs & Co.
Associate – Investment Banking Technology
1996 - 2001
Enterprise-wide responsibility for all aspects of systems delivery of numerous projects and systems from business analysis to global rollouts of in-house and third-party systems.
• Managed a US$5m...
Manager – Technology Division
1991 - 1996
Completed several deliveries for two clients in the UK, performed QA on one in Sweden and ran training courses.
Founding member of the cherry-picked core team of 5 consultants involved in the...
1990 - 1991
Founding member of a 4-person company when projects were conceptual or embryonic and therefore personally involved in investigating, architecting/designing, developing and testing numerous systems,...
1990 - 1990
Designed, developed, tested and produced all user & system documentation for a client/server multi-user Telex solution for (at the time) a small start-up.
Imperial College London
BSc (Eng), Computing Science
1987 - 1990
Financial Information & Technology
Strategy & Business Development