I have 15 years experience as a journalist and editor. I'm also a published author, creative nonfiction writer and webinar producer with a master's degree in journalism from Columbia University. I have authored literally dozens of articles in the following areas: business (marketing/advertising/media), arts and culture, lifestyle/health and politics.
Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism
Master's of Science
Thomson Reuters peHUB
2013 - Present
Writing news briefs for Thomson Reuters' peHUB, a blog/newswire that covers private equity and venture capital. Topics include buyouts, M&As, fundraising and new VC deals.
Freelance Business Writer/Contributor
2011 - Present
• Writing and editing articles on marketing topics for custom publisher’s blue chip clients that include Pitney Bowes and Bank of America. Topics include Know Your Demo for Small Business Entrepreneurs and How to Avoid Customer E-Mail Opt-Outs. Articles are posted on client’s B2B-driven websites.
2010 - Present
• Has written articles and news briefs for the following publications: Thomson Reuters peHUB, Wall Street Journal, Playbill, Mediapost (OMMA magazine), Backstage, Live Design, DMNews, New York Theatre Magazine (upcoming), Natural Living Today, Pilates Style, Dance Teacher, Dance Spirit, Pointe, Theatermania.com, Jerusalem Report, The Forward, My Business, Jewish Affairs, CMYK, Queens Ledger and La Voce. Topics include arts/culture, media, marketing/advertising, business, insurance and local politics.
Global Finance Magazine
2011 - 2011
• Launched Global Finance magazine’s inaugural paid webinar series; researched and selected topic (Leveraging Social Media to Improve Financial Services Marketing); wrote promotional copy; prepped speakers for webinar presentation; reviewed and edited PowerPoint presentations; acted as webinar advisor.
Group Editor of the PR/Media Group
2007 - 2010
• Involved in all editorial aspects for min’s special issues, which covers award-winning magazine advertising campaigns for both consumer and b2b publications; authored weekly Eye on Advertising column for min’s b2b, which covers advertising in the b2b magazine sector and semi-regular Eye on Advertising column for min, which covers advertising trends in the consumer magazine community; wrote copy for Web; wrote weekly case studies of PR campaigns for PR News; managed, moderated and recruited speakers for PR News monthly webinars; acted as a liaison between company and industry at trade events and parties. Beats were magazine advertising, public relations and media.
1999 - 2007
• Was involved in all editorial aspects for Stage Directions, a national theater trade monthly, which included creating the editorial calendar, assigning articles to writers, finding qualified freelancers for assignments, managing budget, inspecting proofs and creating the page map. Regularly interacted with production and art departments. Also regularly acted as a liaison between magazine and industry.
• Wrote and edited articles for magazine.
Press Release/Special Projects Writer
1997 - 1998
• Wrote press releases and award nomination letters for Newsweek’s communications department; interacted with acclaimed correspondents and columnists