Working as a Quality Assurance Engineer since 2005. Have been involved in various projects requiring both manual and automated test script development and execution.
Read More »
Worked as a contractor for Thomson Reuters for more than 5 years.
Provided them software quality assurance services, which included manual testing, as well as writing automated tests for some of their projects.
Earlier worked as a System Administrator for a small firm in my home town.
You can easily look me up on LinkedIn, using my name - Iuliu Pascaru.
Aims for the near...
While working for my second employer, Allied Testing, I've been mostly providing Quality Assurance services for one of our major clients - Thomson Reuters.
Being a contractor for Thomson Reuters - mostly offsite, but for some projects also onsite - was a great opportunity to move from one project to another. So for the past 5 years I've been involved in more than 10 projects, which allowed me to interact with plenty of people and encounter various challenges, related to technical aspects of my duties, as well as to communication between team members. It was a good place to learn what team work means and to learn new tools and technologies while dealing with my daily tasks.
As a QA Team Leader (and Senior QA Analyst), I’ve been involved in activities related to management of small test teams of up to 8 people (onsite and offsite). My responsibilities included the following activities:
• definition of test scope, based on the results of the analysis of project’s Design Documentation;
• creation of a weekly test plan;
• daily assignment of training activities;
• assistance for QA Analysts during test execution (help with investigation of issues found, review of reports on defects found, support for team members in getting answers to their questions);
• daily review of activity reports generated by team members;
• daily reporting to Line Managers via e-mail and voice teleconferences;
For projects where I’ve been involved as a QA Analyst, my responsibilities included the...
Read More »
Software QA Analyst
2006 - 2011
My direct employer was Allied Testing, which is a company specializing in offering quality assurance and development services, mostly to financial businesses, such as Thomson Reuters, Ameritrade,...
Software QA Analyst (offsite/onsite contractor)
2006 - 2011
Thomson Reuters Corporation is a major (second to Bloomberg) business data provider, which operates in 100 countries, and has over 55,000 employees.