I offer various editorial services - from simple corrections through to copy-writing, creative writing and translating - to help you produce high-quality documents. Business papers, publicity brochures, articles, manuscripts, theses, web pages, CVs, letters... whatever the written form, I will work in conjunction with you to create the finished product that you need.
Read More »
Recent clients include: Universitat de Barcelona, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Prous Science, Dosbe Llibres i Publicacions, Bioalgostral, Atelier 231, LeCool...
Online samples and specific requests.
I am a freelance writer, translator and editor from the UK with over ten years' experience in the publishing industry and top qualifications from the Publishing Training Centre. I have lived abroad for over eight years, in France and Spain, and acted as translator and interpreter for a wide range of companies and individuals.
This service applies only to the text and is particularly appropriate for a document written by a non-native English speaker. I will check for spelling and grammatical errors, inconsistencies and unclear meanings.
This service is for documents that have been formatted for print or online publishing. As well as correcting any errors, as outlined above, I will also check for stylistic inconsistencies: irregular page alignment, bad word breaks, erratic font use etc.
The main content of your document is written; the basic structure is complete, but you are not sure that the style is giving the right message. This service works in conjunction with you, providing feedback and suggestions for how to improve your document.
You provide the content, I provide the style!
I will transcribe your audio files accurately and efficiently, providing you with a well-presented document in the format specified. This service can also be combined with translation, converting French audio files into an English transcription.
TRANSLATION & CHECKING TRANSLATIONS
I translate from...
Read More »
2009 - 2009
Researching, writing and editing the creative and factual content for press campaign of new Nina Ricci fragrance, Ricci Ricci.
WildWorks Theatre Co.
Production Manager and Translator
2007 - 2007
- organising food, accommodation and production requirements for a company of 25
- dealing with daily production and personnel needs while on tour
- co-ordinating local volunteers, choristers and...
WildWorks Theatre Co.
Production Assistant and Translator
2006 - 2006
- assisting with the organisation of food, accommodation and production requirements for a company of 24
- acting as translator/interpreter for productions in France
Pan Macmillan Publishers
2005 - 2006
- reading for grammatical and spelling errors
- ensuring the correct editorial changes have been inserted
- marking up changes using the British Standards Institution’s symbols
- working on...
Clipserver Press Agency (now Durrants)
Editorial Shift Leader
1999 - 2001
- managing team of seven
- writing news summaries
- editing and correcting proofs
- dispatching reports electronically
- working to daily deadlines
The Shoreditch Map Company
Copy Writer and Personal Assistant
1998 - 1999
- liaising with clients
- researching and writing copy
- invoicing advertisers and keeping financial records in order
The Mirror Group
1998 - 1998
- conducting interviews and writing articles for The Wharf (local newspaper for the Canary Wharf business district)
The University of Sussex, UK
BA Hons English Literature and African & Asian Studies
1995 - 1998