Senior level merchant with over 10 years of experience in both catalog and e-commerce businesses. Experienced in assortment planning, merchandising strategy, trend analysis, inventory management and forecasting.
Read More »
Having managed $20M+ businesses for both start-ups on up to the world's largest retailer, I provide a breadth of skills from sourcing, to QA management and product life cycle management.
Some of the categories I've managed include: jewelry, home goods, baby + kids, bath + body, men's + women's accessories, and apparel.
As a merchandiser for the past 10+ years, I've developed the skills and expertise to plan a productive product assortment, smartly manage inventory levels, and provide the type of visual merchandising (whether online or in catalog) that customers respond to.
As a senior level merchant with online and catalog gift retailer RedEnvelope, I've been responsible for product development, overseas sourcing, cost negotiations, and warehouse management. I grew the jewelry category into a $20M+ business, quickly becoming the largest revenue generating category for the business, along with the highest margins.
After being away from the business for a few years, I returned as the company was coming out of bankruptcy to revitalize the home decor category, later taking on a larger role in the overall business focused on realigning the under-performing business through drastic reductions in SKU count while increasing YOY sales comps. Merchant lead for customer insights integration, drop ship vendor setup and holiday readiness with our operations team.
At Walmart.com, I managed the online jewelry assortment of the nationís largest jewelry retailer, again reducing SKU count and inventory levels by over 50% while generating positive YOY sales comps and posting a higher margin.
Responsible for cost negotiations, product development, and sourcing with domestic/overseas vendors. Led annual overseas sourcing & product development trips to India, Hong Kong and Thailand. Identified &...
Read More »
2008 - 2014
- Partner with retailers and suppliers to identify their key merchandising opportunities; actionable recommendations achieved through sales analysis, marketplace reviews, and competitive...
2009 - 2012
- Managed products assortments for various categories including, but not limited to: men's, kids + baby, gadgets + electronics.
- Realigned previously underperforming categories through a 50%...
2005 - 2008
- Managed online jewelry assortment of the nationís largest jewelry retailer. Responsible for cost negotiations, product development (PD) and sourcing with domestic/overseas vendors. Led annual...
2002 - 2005
- Managed multiple departments throughout my tenure: Jewelry, the top sales generating department of an $80M business, women's accessories, apparel, bath + body and home.
- Key partner in...
University of California, Berkeley
Bachelors of Science in Psychology