Dr. Lesko has 20+ years of design and analytical experience as a mechanical engineer, with background in physics, mechanics and system analysis. Jack is focused on emerging interdisciplinary design involving lightweight multifunctional materials, structural design, packaging, and energy systems. His work has resulted in the implementation of in-service structures/systems (including plug in hybrid electric vehicle conversions) using new multifunctional composite technologies and systems, and the creation of standards for their design in industrial and international codes.
Jack provides design, patent, engineering and analysis consulting and expert witness services to companies like Dow Chemicals, General Motors, and GE Aircraft Engines, Jack has extensive grant writing and technical program adminstration experience, securing over $15 Million in grants and contracts from Federal, State, and private companies.
Jack has extensive and hands on experience in several areas:
Advanced Materials and Structures:
- Polymer composites design, mechanics and manufacturing
- Strength and Life design and prediction
- Patent evaluation and differentiation
- Pultrusion and VARTM manufacturing
- Material selection and optimization
- Structural design of batteries and fuel cell systems
- Structural design and testing of large structures
Power Systems and the Smart Grid:
- Development and prototyping of Plug in Hybrid Electric Vehicle conversions
- Integrated smart grid systems...
Read More »