I cover a gap in project management that typically does not venture into the details of "how" a product design engineering team operates with each other and with their internal customers. My focus is on the new product development team itself and their activities leading to production release. Formal program management does not cover the skill depth required to discover and solution root issues that adversely impact the engineering teams ability to deliver. Jorvig Consulting brings an expanded breadth to better uncover and resolve product development surprises that typically surface during design execution.
- Managing Excellence in Design Team Executionworkshop. Learn More: www.jorvigconsulting.com/seminars/onsiteseminar01.html
- Creating Predictable Design Plans workshop.
- Customized workshops: We can create a custom workshop for your team that addresses a specific project execution challenge area such as requirements closure, schedule slips, documentation strategies, design reviews, feature creep, IP reuse, project post mortems or the discovery of unknowns.
Collaborative Environment Development
- Solutions to facilitate both local and multi-sited team environments that are truly synchronized.
- If you have teams spread out across multiple locations and that is contributing to less than ideal project execution, look to us to mitigate distance as a project limitation.
- Wiki solutions to drive requirements closure, the NPD process and NPD team...
Read More »
Jorvig Consulting Inc
President & New Product Development Consultant
2004 - Present
Startup and development of a consulting business with a focus on new product development team productivity and predictability. Client focus is on enhancing a development teams ability to properly...
VP & GM Tempe Design Center
2006 - 2007
Establishment and growth of the Tempe based product development center. Leadership product development includes RISC processor arrays, SATA, PCI Express and USB integrated circuit platforms....