Read More »
I've been running Displaced Snail Publications for seven years, a company for which I write, edit, format, print, and bind books, both for myself and for clients. I have a few companies for whom I write academic testing supplies, and many for whom I print their poetry chapbooks, design magazines, or bind photojournals. I have experience editing young adult fiction, and am academically trained in editing, writing fiction, and article writing. I'm an efficient worker and know how to rigorously research things I don't know. I tend to...
- I've designed the inner pages of the SAT Reading Comprehension Workbook for Integrated Educational Services (available online for purchase).
- I've written for an SAT instructional manual, writing questions, answers, false answers, and instructions.
- I've edited, designed, printed and bound poetry chapbooks for dozens of clients and nonprofit organizations, along with running workshops on bookbinding for all ages
- I've also worked as an editor through two different young adult novels, both still in production. I offer grammatical and mechanical editing, and content editing and continuity errors.
- I've run social media initiatives, including the use of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- For a small portion of time, I wrote ad copy for an advertisement company.
Read More »
Director of Publishing
2013 - 2014
Designed promotional material and the inner pages for SAT workbooks, communicated with freelance staff and printers, ran social media.
Integrated Educational Services
Director of English
2010 - 2013
Managed staff, ran the verbal department for the SAT, created curricula, organized community events, designed promotional material, quizzes, and tests.