Some software needs are more challenging than gluing together an off-the-shelf component with the framework of the week.
Read More »
I solve software and IT problems. When existing components are available and apply to the context of your needs, I don't reinvent the wheel. But when your challenges run deeper than this, I'm ready to do what it takes to tackle your problem.
Non-trivial algorithms, geographic information systems, programming language theory and practice--without skills in these areas, I wouldn't have been able to build interesting and...
I offer a host of software and IT services, including:
* Application technical development, with a focus on the backend software.
* Integration with existing work and third-party components.
* Backend systems/IT consultation, problem resolution, and support.
Technologies that I use and am most proficient in include:
* Programming languages: Python, Common Lisp, Perl, PHP, Bourne shell
* Database management systems: PostgreSQL, MySQL
* Linux server management and administration.
* Virtualization with Xen, qemu/kvm, libvirt/virt-manager, VirtualBox, and to a lesser extent, VMware.
* Geospatial tools and techniques: PostGIS, pathfinding and optimization, and in-house libraries for managing GIS data.
A hired expert must be an effective communicator in order to convey understanding and build rapport with their customer. I'm not talking about fluent proficiency in English--from a U.S. native, that goes without saying. In addition to written and verbal language skills, I have the ability to convey abstract ideas and knowledge in lay-terms, boiling down technical matter to your level of comfort and expertise. I want you to understand your solution and every step of the journey that we'll take to make it happen.
Though I don't specialize in security services, I take computer security seriously. Security through isolation, cryptography, authentication, and thought-out trust relationships are all important considerations I take into account....
Read More »