I am based in Connecticut and have over 15 years of experience as a nonfiction writer and editor. For the last 6 years, I've focused on technical writing for the software industry. I enjoy the unique challenges of developing knowledge bases, instruction manuals, tutorials and FAQs. I easily learn new software programs and have knack for bringing clarity to complex topics.
Read More »
Prior to that, I spent 4 years working as an editor at a national magazine. I have also published two books and hold a degree in Journalism from Boston University. I have...
Apr 30, 2014|Editing & Proofreading|Private|Completed
Apr 23, 2014|Editing & Proofreading|Private|Working
Jan 16, 2013|Article Writing|Private|Completed
Dec 4, 2012|Article Writing|Private|Completed
* Technical Writing - Including help documentation for software programs, step-by-step tutorials and video (screencast) tutorials.
* Copywriting - Promotional marketing pieces, including website copy, press releases, social media postings, PPC ads and newsletters.
* Web Content Editing - Online communication management, from hiring writers and assigning articles, to writing headlines and optimizing keywords.
* Editing - May include rewriting and reorganizing to improve consistency, tone and clarity, in addition to the standard grammar and spelling corrections.
* Proofreading - Less extensive editing where the focus is mainly on grammar and spelling and any inconsistencies are flagged and sent back to the author for revision.
* Research & Fact-Checking - Research sources may include both online and offline publications, as well as phone interviews. Results are summarized and accompanied by links to relevant resources.
Read More »