Proven translator of numerous famous apps, e.g. Angry Birds, Evernote and Dolphin Browser
I am a native South Korean and a professional, full-time translator of language pairs such as English-Korean, Chinese-Korean and Japanese-Korean, and currently working as a translator and reviewer for several translation agencies worldwide. With seven years of experience as a translator, I have translated more than 1,500,000 words and proofread and edited over 1,000,000 words for the last three years.
- Professional level of fluent reading, writing, and speaking in English, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese
- Multistage proof-reading and editing techniques
- Hobbyist computer programmer of various languages and platforms (Ubuntu, 8051, AVR, TCP/IP, C, C++, MFC, Java, Android, Assembly, etc.)
- Broad range of knowledge about law, business, finance, computer, electronics, etc.
- Proficient in various computer applications such as Dreamweaver, Eclipse, SDL Trados, etc.
English to Korean translation, proofreading, and editing
Chinese to Korean translation, proofreading, and editing
Japanese to Korean translation, proofreading, and editing
State Commission of the Chinese Proficiency Test
Certificate of Chinese Proficiency
Aspect International Language Academies
Certificate of Proficiency in English
Association of International Education, Japan
Certificate Japanese-Language Proficiency
Bejing Language & Culture University
2004 - 2005
Aspect International Language Academies.
2002 - 2003
Academy of Language Arts
2001 - 2002
Seoul National University
1989 - 1993
Translator, reviewer, proofreader
2007 - Present
Work as a translator and reviewer for several translation agencies
(English, Chinese, Japanese to Korean).
Plasma Systems & Machines
2006 - 2007
Developed overseas markets for LCD panel and semiconductor device manufacturing equipments.
Primary targets were Japan, China, and Europe.
2001 - 2005
Studied abroad and worked as a translator (Canada, Japan and China)
Korea Telecom Hitel
Planner / Marketer
1997 - 2000
Performed strategic planning for IT businesses