I am a network consultant/engineer with 22 years of experience working as a network engineer for the US government, Fortune 100 companies and small/medium businesses. I currently work full-time for a major managed provider of IT and telecom services. I am looking for up to 20 hours per week of miscellaneous work in network troubleshooting, design or implementation that can primarily be accomplished off-hours.
Read More »
I am a CCNP, CCDP, and I have passed the CCIE R&S written with plans to take the lab within the next year. I also have extensive...
Aug 24, 2010|System Administration|Private|Completed
Nov 18, 2008|Network Administration|Private|Completed
Oct 28, 2008|Network Administration|Private|Completed
Sep 23, 2008|Network Administration|Private|Completed
I am a Senior Network Engineer for a major international managed services provider. I have extensive experience in most things Cisco related - routing, switching, security, VPN, load balancing, SAN/NAS, VoIP, IP Telephony, etc.
I have completed several small freelance projects outside of my primary job and have built a pretty good reputation with some small businesses. The great thing about this type of work is most of it can be completed remotely over the Internet or a phone line. I've recently started looking to expand my freelancing business, which is how I found Elance. This site looks great!
During my career I have performed many functions related to networking:
- Designed and installed access-layer wiring closet routers and switches
- Redesigned and upgraded corporate datacenter switched network
- Installed large EMC and Cisco SAN / NAS infrastructure
- Performed large-scale WAN migrations
- Utilized WAN technologies like PPP, MLPPP, Frame Relay, ATM, SONET
- Implemented numerous different VPN solutions - site-to-site, remote access, hub-and-spoke, etc
- Installed, configured and maintained Cisco Pix, ASA, Checkpoint and Sidewinder firewalls
- Written custom C#, Visual Basic, Perl and shell scripts to perform various tasks related tonetwork management
- Performed assessments and audits of customer networks - providing itemized lists of vulnerabilities, potential trouble spots and recommended solutions
- Documented network infrastructure, providing detailed...
Read More »