I am a freelance composer (currently B.M. University of North Carolina, Greensboro) as well as a recording/editing/mastering engineer specializing in classical music.
Read More »
As a composer, my pieces have been performed by such ensembles and musicians as the Oasis Sax Quartet, the Freya String Quartet, violinist Sarah Plum, violist Sofiya Kyrylyuk, and more. I am an alumnus of the Cleveland Institute of Music's Young Composers' Program; the Charlotte New Music Festival; & the Bowdoin Intl Music Festival. I specialize in writing for soloists, large...
- Original compositions for instrumental ensembles of all shapes and sizes, including band, orchestra, and chamber groups of varying instrumentation.
- Experience in arranging and orchestration in a fast and timely manner.
- Thorough knowledge of notation software, especially Notion and Sibelius (6,7).
- Ample experience working with MIDI and VSTs.
- Creating professional-looking scores quickly and efficiently.
- Employed at UNC Greensboro as a recording/stage technician, whose duties include recording most of the 300+ events at UNCG as well as working backstage.
- Experience working with people such as guest artists, conductors, composers, and event planners.
- Thorough knowledge of recording techniques and fundamental acoustics.
- I specialize in Classical recording, editing, and mastering. I have significant experience recording singers.
- Former clients include: Duke University; conductor Verena Mosenbichler-Bryant, composer Steven Bryant; the University of NC Greensboro, and various independent musicians.
- Logic Pro 9
- Wavelab 7/8
- Pyramix (source-destination editing)
- Vienna Symphonic Mastering Suite
- Izotope Ozone 6
- Izotope RX4
- Waves Mercury Suite.
Read More »