Language has always been my passion. This is why my area of study as well as my career have both revolved around languages. I have advanced degrees in Linguistics & Translation and English Literature. I have been professionally and extensively translating from Arabic into English and English into Arabic for almost ten years now. I have been translating across an array of fields, particularly legal, financial, business, marketing, news, literature, maritime, newsletters engineering (e.g. electrical and mechanical) and the list goes on.
I always promise quality, speed, accuracy, attention to details and instructions, commitment to agreed deadlines, consideration of the addressed/target audience and I never disappoint. Every project, whether it's a few words or spanning to hundreds or thousands of words is given highest care and delivered with utmost quality. Moreover, I am keen on following up with my clients before, during and after project delivery, to ensure full satisfaction.
I am honored to always gain the trust of my clients thanks to quality work and commitment. Below is a highlight of major projects I worked on, EN-AR and AR-EN, on and off elance:
- 40,000 word legal project (a lawsuit) for PricewaterhouseCoopers;
- 100,000+ word project for MENAFATF (Middle East & North Africa Financial Action Task Force);
- 30,000+ words for a United Nations related project;
- Localizing thousands of words for the Government of Sharjah, UAE;
- Many thousands of words in charter parties, arbitration cases, contracts, maritime lawsuits, etc;
- A collection of short stories (almost 40,000 words) and several children's books;
- Many research studies covering various topics;
- Several financial statements, including financial terminology;
- And many many more ...
In short, I am always open to start and continue in long-term collaboration with new and existing clients. You can totally rely on me for consistently delivering quality results in a timely manner. This comes mainly from my paradigm that good translation combines quality, speed, meeting deadlines and catering to the client's individual needs.
English Department, Alexandria University, Egypt
Language and Translation
Grinnell College, IA
English Literature (BA)