Each project is directed with a vision in mind and it is not always easy to articulate that when working with writers and editors. My expertise is being an editor and writer that is sensitive to the vision of the author or project manager. Because my background is in journalism I have been equipped with the necessary tools to unlock the subconscious flow and vision. I am an editor and writer with over 10 years experience. My passion is to cultivate and produce my clients' projects.
Oral Roberts University
Bachelor of Science in Journalism
2005 - 2008
Cumberland County College
Associate in Arts: Communications
2004 - 2005
Cumberland County College
Associate in Arts: Journalism
2002 - 2004
2011 - Present
• Technical Editor; projects include in depth edits of manuscripts ranging from 50-100 pages. Grammar, proofreading, content, and over all manuscript flow. Manuscripts were edited, approved, and published.
• Transcriber & Editor, The Legna Agency, March 2011; All inclusive business trip to Chicago to transcribe 20+ hours of author’s meetings that were used to develop a published manuscript.
For Sale Again Consignment Store
Store Marketing Manager
2008 - 2011
• Store inventory & appraisals; managed the entire store inventory of over 2000 items, kept inventory, and researched and appraised all incoming consignments.
• Customer account management; kept updated detailed information on over 40 consignors’ account information, disbursement checks, inventory, and contact.
• Advertisements; Created 6 different designs for newspaper advertisements in Adobe Photoshop.
• Website design and update; created website with 20 category pages using Microsoft FrontPage, captured and posted over 50 pictures of inventory and store photographs, wrote 10 webpages of company information, and kept sales, inventory, and contact updated 3-4 times per month.
• In store advertisements and documents; created all signs, business cards, magnets, brochures, labels, UPC labels, consignment contracts, filed store taxes each month, and managed business relations.
• Customer relations; worked as cashier, sales associate, and assisted customers on day-to-day basis.
Chapel in the Woods
Organization Developer Intern
2007 - 2007
• Compiled business information from 50 missionary organizations through phone interviews, emails, and organization statistics. Developed a report detailing each organizations interview processes, missionary field activity, debrief process, and candidate selection process.
• Created business outline for new missionary connect organization that detailed each position that would be required for the organization to function at a high standard. This report detailed each worker that would be needed, their education and work history, job description, and the protocol each employee should follow in the processing of each new missionary applicant and member.
Marketing & Sales Intern
2006 - 2006
Assistant to Marketing & Sales Director; Gather and reported information to be used for published materials.
• Researched all entertainment acts and wrote public relation format documents for publication. Flyers were sent out to local businesses as a means for them to sponsor events.
The Daily Journal
2004 - 2004
Conducted interviews with various subjects to create news and feature articles. All assigned stories were published in daily newspaper.
• Interviewed, researched, and interviewed sources and wrote news and feature articles. Researched and covered sidebar news bulletins
The Voice- Cumberland County College
Editor in Chief
2002 - 2004
Created 4 pages layout and design in QuarkXpress twice per semester. Managed editors’ layout and design, continuity and content of 8-12 newspaper pages.
• Assigned stories to reporters, edited content, grammar, and gave reporters constructive criticism to enhance their writing ability and reporting techniques.
• Wrote and published news, feature, editorial and review articles in AP format. Interviewed, researched, and found stories to cover.