Real Estate financial analyst with over ten years experience and a graduate of a top-5 ranked US MBA program. Analyzed billions of dollars worth of real estate properties and projects including all major property types. Produced dynamic CRE Analytics on both Acquisition and Development transactions, for private equity firms and investment banks.
Finance, Real Estate, Underwriting, development ,acquisition, debt, equity, excel, vba, construction, hotel, multifamily, office, retail, industrial, commercial ,mortgage , credit, loan, model ,modelling, argus, cmbs, cre, large loan, transaction, cash flow, developer, modeler, analytical, remote, portfolio ,warehouse, vlookup, boolean ,visual basic, distressed, reo, dpo, subdivision, hospitality, loan, lender, irr, dscr, multiple, profit, projections, proforma, pro forma, noi, sensitivity, analysis, property, Business plan, proposal, pitch book, presentation, template, marketing, sales, memo, memorandum, powerpoint, apartment, building, analysis, financial, affordable, housing, modeling, mall, shopping, property, Valuation, Limited partnership agreement, partner, distribution, lpa, gp, waterfall, lp, promote structure, project finance
University of the West Indies
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Master of Business Administration (Finance)
Advisory - Commercial Real Estate
2014 - Present
Performing analysis, and advising clients on various ground-up development and acquisition transactions.
Kingston Properties LTD - REIT
Chief Investment Officer
2012 - 2014
• Responsible for transaction sourcing, selection, strategy, structuring, pricing/valuation, and execution on new construction and cash flowing properties.
• Responsible for transaction selection, screening, evaluation of proposals, and investigation of new innovative strategic initiatives for company growth and increasing investor returns.
• Evaluate construction strategy, funding and exit strategy on development transactions.
• Source funding across the entire capital structure, including, equity, preferred equity and debt.
• Hire, develop and train junior staff to support the administrative and research functions.
• Design, program and build the firm’s transaction analysis models and systems from scratch, in Excel, utilizing VBA macros, efficient, clear model design, and dynamic (automated) sensitivity (“what-if) analyses for fast, robust risk assessment.
• Perform levered and unlevered cash flow and IRR analysis, profit multiples, waterfall/hurdles, and partnership structure strategy, on both cash flowing property acquisitions and greenfield development.
• Manage, structure and execute financing with banks, pension funds, life companies and investment banks.
• Source transactions through (new and existing) personal and company relationships with senior financial and property industry players, as well as government and quasi-governmental agencies, cabinet ministers, officials and government officers.
• Manage the firm’s deal pipeline, including the identification and vetting of new opportunities across all property types, Multifamily, Rental, Condominium and Subdivision Development, Office, Retail, Hospitality, Industrial, and Self-Storage, which meet the firm’s risk/return profile.
• Source, undertake and manage build-own-lease (build-to-suit) contracts including site selection, structuring, financing, execution/construction oversight to stabilization.
• Identify and execute public-private partnerships for areas earmarked for private development by the government, on government-owned land, with private financing, structuring, strategy and execution.
• Sourcing transactions with suitable risk/reward profiles regionally (Caribbean) and in the South Eastern United States.
Advisory - Commercial Real Estate
2011 - 2011
• Evaluated various commercial real estate opportunities in the local and regional market.
• Developed advisory relationships with local commercial real estate investors, developers and companies, and formulated innovative investment strategies suitable for their needs.
Summit Equities LLC
Consultant Director of Financial Analytics
2010 - 2010
• Responsible for all financial analysis, portfolio and whole loan acquisition/disposition analysis, underwriting strategy, investment process design and development within the firm, including “Go/ No-go” investment committee voting power.
• Built the firm’s master loan acquisition analysis model/system from scratch using Excel (with VBA/ Macro direct coding) in order to price, and determine returns for Performing and Non-performing loan resolutions (DPO, Restructuring/Performing, Foreclose, etc), Bridge/Hard Money loans, and REO assets.
• Priced single asset and portfolio NPL acquisitions, as well as discounted pricing of performing loan portfolios of up to $200 million in value.
• Underwrote both existing and construction/development debt instruments.
• Built models/systems to determine metrics including levered and unlevered returns, multiples, LP/GP promote structure (waterfall/distribution) including break-even threshold analysis (with look-back IRR's), market analysis, sensitivity, asset repositioning, and debt structure alternatives,
• Programmed automation switches/dropdowns/VBA buttons to instantly vary portfolio size and analysis structure allowing a small, agile entrepreneurial team to compete with the larger PE funds in terms of underwriting and pricing turnaround time.
• Presented analysis to prospective investors and JV partners
Trading for My Own Account
2006 - 2009
Consultant - Real estate Finance
2004 - 2006
• Created models in VBA/Excel, including many of the group’s "Go-To" collateral underwriting and construction models for the head of large loan structuring, utilized on over $10 Billion worth of origination transactions.
• Worked directly with group heads, managing directors, credit committee and the firm’s clients to lead the structuring, underwriting, cash flow analysis, and valuation of many of the group’s transactions that required advanced analytics or programming.
• Wrote comprehensive reports and presentations on each transaction to be presented to senior managing directors, group heads, and the firm’s credit committee.
• Designed, built and programmed VBA interfaces and controls that were robust enough to be used as a stand-alone system for financing programs without user modification other than inputs, utilized at group head level, in credit committees and for rating agency consideration.
• Managed the firm’s external transaction team, including structuring loan documentation with lender’s counsel and clients counsel, as well as deliverables from property appraisers, AUP accounting due diligence, engineer, insurance consultant and others.
• Managed transactions of all property types including multifamily, retail, office, hospitality, industrial and mixed use properties of all sizes, but typically in excess of $50 million loan size.
ING Clarion Capital
2003 - 2004