Read More »
-board support packages (BSP)
-desktop Linux, Mac OS X, Windows
-C, C++, C#, Python
-system design, implement, test, documentation
Good development practices spanning whole project lifecycle from requirements gathering to version control, unit & system test design, implementation, unit test, integration, integration test, system test, release, maintenance.
Clients or employers include:
Embedded software / firmware and embedded computer engineering. Microcontroller interfacing for sensing and control. Complete system design.
Examples of *embedded* applications completed or ongoing (other projects available on request):
- Dimming grow lamps for plants, by phase control, with feedback from a light meter. A C program on Teensy++ 2.0 (an Atmel AVR 8-bit microcontroller) controlled over USB from C# application made with MS Visual Studio 2010. Client is a scientific research institute. (June 2012 to present)
- Retrofit (designed and implemented) unit test harness and unit test for a portable digital video recorder, which had been implemented in C with custom real-time kernel on an ARM9 SoC. Client serves the public safety and self-defense markets internationally. (November 2012 through February 2013)
- Hardware design: Interface an array of sensors (of a type I am not
permitted to divulge, pending publication of the experiment) to Atmel
AVR 8-bit microcontroller communicating via USB to desktop application. To acquire data for an scientific study; client is scientific institute. (2012)
- Disassembled an executable of firmware whose source code had been lost, to recover data stored in tables. Modified firmware (locomotive fuel gauge) to adapt it for use with a new type of sensor (ultrasonic instead of barometric bubbler). Target is Freescale 6805 microcontroller. Client is in railroad parts & service industry. (2007-08)
- Fixed bugs in, and enhanced,...
Read More »
Windbridge Institute, LLC
Consultant Hardware Engineer
2011 - 2011
Consulted on the design of data acquisition system (embedded computer hardware).