Hello! I'm a copywriter, graphic designer and marketing specialist, who creates clear, compelling copy and visually engaging graphics for projects large and small. I have PROVEN experience across a global client base and the EXPERTISE to truly deliver results.
With a decade of experience in writing, editing, marketing and management, I understand what drives your business and I know how to engage your target audience. I've written full web content for eCommerce sites and recruitment agencies, executive profiles for Chief Execs of global brands, product descriptions for over 200 bottles of soda, and even a press release for a world-famous rock star. I'll quickly adapt to business needs, brand tone, and ensure that all of your expectations are not only met, but exceeded. What's more, in ten years, I have never missed a deadline.
Convinced yet? C'mon, let's create something magical together.
Institute of Design - Hertfordshire University
BA (Hons) Graphic Design
Freelance Copywriter, Editor and Proofreader
2010 - Present
Creative, professional copywriter and editor with a global client base.
* Creative editor for 'Unsung', a unique book of previously unreleased lyrics by rock icon and Megadeth bassist, David Ellefson. Authored press releases for global distribution, announcing forthcoming publication.
* Managed several clients simultaneously, meeting tight deadlines and working within strict budgets.
* Conducted multiple video interviews with domestic and international clients by Skype, whilst freelancing as a senior CV writer for CityCV - one the UK's leading CV consultancies.
* Wrote clear, convincing and results orientated copy across several campaigns for an international client base.
* Accurately proofread all content prior to submission / publication.
Copywriter / Business Manager
2009 - 2011
Demonstrated rapid career progression within a multi-site specialist online retailer across a series of niche categories in the health care and horticulture market. Promoted to Horticultural Business Manager within six months with key accountability for the recruitment, management and support of a team of six across two geographical sites; successfully built a £1m+ online horticulture / web based garden stores business.
* Collaborated with the CEO to develop a clear vision for business development; instrumental in achieving 26% departmental growth from year ending 2009/10 to 2010/11.
* Strategically managed the introduction of new product categories with a structured approach, based on extensive research and key word activity.
* Continually tracked competitor activity and ensured the business adapted to the changing market in order to maintain competitive positioning.
* Held full P&L responsibility and ensured that targeted budgets and forecasts were comfortably over-achieved.
* Supported all online marketing and promotional activities – ensured the maintenance and growth of the customer database for e-marketing purposes.
* Payment accepted in milestones, as agreed prior to project acceptance
* On project completion, final payment will be expected within seven days
* I operate a professional service and charge a fair rate in accordance with my skill level. Please do not ask for a cheaper rate than quoted as I always feel guilty for saying no.
* All work undertaken through Elance must be paid through the Escrow system, for your security and mine. :)
* Projects unpaid after 14 days will be referred to the Elance dispute process.
I look forward to working with you.
Cybercandy, Managing Director
Weekly blogger and product descriptions writer for Cybercandy.co.uk
Unsung Project, Internationally Acclaimed Musician
Creative Editor for 'Unsung' - a book of previously unreleased lyrics by iconic rock star, David Ellefson (Megadeth Bassist)