Creator & lead developer of open source MEAN-seed and currently focused on/only accepting MEAN stack projects:
Full stack coder - everything from design/images in Illustrator to Frontend to AJAX to Backend / database to Linux / server admin.
I've been part of and tend to enjoy working on startups and graduated from Silicon Valley Founder Institute (incubator program) and am familiar with building a website/application from the ground up as well as all the business / non-technical challenges that accompany the product.
I'm a huge believer in culture fit and outside of coding/work, I'm passionate about leadership, health/fitness, the outdoors/adventures.
High quality is my focus and MEAN (MongoDB, Express.js, AngularJS, Node.js) is my specialty. I prefer working on new projects (rather than existing code bases) using:
1. robust automated testing (unit & E2E tests, >=60% code coverage). Continuous Integration
2. modular, maintainable (easy to change/update)
3. well-documented (YUIDoc)
4. performant / fast
6. cross-platform / responsive
Github profile: https://github.com/lukemadera
NOTE: NO Internet Explorer 9 or below support! Code is cross platform and browser almost everywhere EXCEPT IE 9 or below since only IE 10 and above support flexbox (IE 9 is just way behind standards).
- Twitter Bootstrap, FontAwesome plus custom font icons
- LESS, SASS/SCSS css pre-processors
- HTML5 (offline access, local storage, web workers, etc.)
- HTML & Templating
- CSS3 (including media queries and fluid layout design for multiple devices)
- Adobe Illustrator for web-ready, scalable, vector graphics (icon fonts & SVG's or HTML5 Canvas polyfill for Android, which doesn't support SVGs yet below 3.0) and design
- AJAX for fast "single page apps" with no page refreshes; also can use HTML5 Web Sockets for even faster / realtime functionality where appropriate
- Android app
- iPhone & iPad
- Windows phone and any other platforms
- Facebook Connect & mobile Single Sign On (SSO), friend inviting
- Google Maps
- Other social integration / sharing: Twitter, Pinterest
- Linux, GIT, & other server setup / management tasks
- grunt.js for workflow and build process
- site speed / optimization (combining & minimizing scripts/CSS, vector font icons & inline SVGs instead of images OR image sprites)
Chemistry & Environmental Economics
2004 - 2009
Founder, Lead Developer
2009 - Present
Social calendaring website startup I founded.
- Half up front, remaining half upon completion for fixed price jobs
- Weekly or bi-weekly for hourly jobs
I specialize in and prefer larger, long term projects with clearly specified work so I can plan ahead and get all the scoping and questions up front then crank out the work. Bottlenecks and overhead are somewhat inevitable but the more we can plan ahead, the more efficient we can build and the better, faster, and cheaper I can deliver the product to you. In general I use the rule/expectation that if I can't give the written specification (typically a wireframe or polished design mock for frontend work and a set of well documented backend api calls and/or JSON mock objects) to another person and have him/her understand it in 15 minutes or less, then it's not clear enough and needs to be better specified before I start work on it.