Don Draper is dead. So are the days of marketing strategies being driven by large creative concepts. Today, we don't use focus groups or sample data to tell us what customers want--we know what they want because we can analyze them individually. We can reach them individually, too. But in order to give the right customer the right message at the right time, we need data to drive our actions--that's where I come in.
As a seasoned marketer with ten years of experience leading digital media for award-winning marketing agencies, I am an expert at using real data to develop effective digital marketing strategies, write copy for ads and online assets, build and structure digital campaigns, measure results, and execute continuous optimization.
Beyond that, I use the latest and most robust technologies to target users (e.g., complex-logic retargeting, programmatic buying and RTB, and other advanced user-based targeting). I drive results for all my clients and will drive results for you.
I would happy to share with interested clients case studies of my excellent work in the following areas:
- Online Marketing Strategy
- Digital Media Planning/Buying
- Digital Ad Campaign Development and Management
- Social Media Marketing (organic broadcasting as well as promotion)
- Online Reputation Management and Sentiment Analysis
- Content Development (professional blogging, web copy writing, ghostwriting)
Additional detail is as follows:
- Online Marketing Strategy: Sound strategy starts with having the right goal--too often, brands do not. I drive success for my clients by applying deep expertise in media advertising with years of robust experience in business strategy. I hold an MBA from the University of Chicago, and boast a 15-year long career in the digital space. My understanding of the evolution of online usership across complex and changing demographics, as well as my grasp of online media advertising life cycles uniquely positions me to develop world-class digital strategies.
- Digital Media Planning/Buying: I develop of tactical media plans that specify the media mix, allocate budgets across tactics, and project reach, engagement and conversions. Robust documentation related to plan specifications and projected results is always included.
- Digital Ad Campaign Development and Management: I do both original development and enhancement of digital advertising campaigns, including self-managed campaigns (Google AdWords, BingAds, real-time-bidding) and direct media buys. From campaign setup, to optimization, to advanced analytics, to executive-ready reporting. Development of HTML5 ads in alignment with my recommendations is a service that I am also able to refer out to a trusted partner.
- Social Media Marketing: I offer Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn channel development, including the coordination of custom page design (handled by a partner agency), copy writing for social broadcasting, sponsored ad campaign development and management, and follower/engagement cultivation.
- Online Reputation Management and Sentiment Analysis: Brand image assessment and online reputation audits, issue investigation and resolution (including harmful or incorrect information, copyright and trademark violations, illegal activity), and competitive reputation and sentiment analysis.
- Content Development: I am a published author with award-winning books and essays and a proven track record of writing content that garners attention. My professional blogging and ghostwriting work has been syndicated to major publications, including Huffington Post, BigThink, and Medical Media & Marketing--my writing has also garnered enough attention to yield media appearances (I have appeared on MSNBC, Fox Business News, and more than 10 radio shows). From crisply-worded web copy, to fetching headlines for white papers, articles, and blogs, to social broadcasts that resonate brand voice, our content rings true.
University of Chicago Graduate School of Business
Master of Business Administration - Concentrations in Finance, Strategy, Entrepreneurship
2003 - 2005
New York University, Gallatin School
Bachelor of Arts
1996 - 2000
Number of Employees
We prefer to work with clients who participate in the escrow process.
Twirly Girls Pole Fitness, Owner/Proprietor
Luxe Virtual Media manages the marketing strategy and social media presence (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) for a San Francisco Bay Area fitness studio. Prior to the studio's opening, it executed original copy writing for the corporate web site and edited promotional materials
Requirements Engineering Associates, Inc, CEO and Principal
REA Corp. is a San Francisco Bay Area IT and business consulting firm that caters to Fortune 500 companies in growth industries. Work completed includes 1) the development of strategic marketing materials, including market research, related to a corporate rebranding, and 2) copy writing and editing for an energy industry white paper to be published as a research and marketing tool