I am a competent, reliable, hard-working client-focused professional. I'm interested in helping you with any project management, editing, writing (including website content), administrative work (transcription, etc.) needs you have. I've spent the past twelve years working for a non-profit, supervising staff and volunteers to build the organization's technology infrastructure and educational tools for the public from the ground up. I currently hold the same position, therefore am seeking freelance work I can complete outside of normal...
Read More »
Aug 25, 2014|Resumes & Cover Letters|Private|Completed
Jul 25, 2014|E-books and Blogs|Private|Completed
I've managed projects and people working to collaboratively complete projects for over 14 years. I've written numerous grants, and have lead the grant research and writing processes through development, production, evaluation, and submission of final reports. I enjoy editing, proofreading, know HTML, FTP protocol, am learning Wordpress, have transcription skills, and type 95 WPM. I've successfully integrated PMP project management concepts and tools into my current work and am studying to take the PMP exam early this fall.
Below are a few of my accomplishments and how they have impacted the organization I'm currently working for and our clientele:
1. Last year our website had 67,400 plus unique visitors
2. In 2013 we had over 16,000 website visitors download our self-help legal materials
3. We've had over 5,000 of our online eligibility tool users respond to our user survey, and 96% of those users responded that the tool was easy to use
4. I've had twenty-one grants funded that I have written in my current position, bringing over $800,000 into a non-profit organization to enhance technology and build infrastructure
5. I currently supervise a team of two full-time staff and one volunteer. At one point when our funding was at a higher level I supervised five full-time staff and seven part-time volunteers
6. I successfully work with all types of people, from judges and lawyers to domestic violence educators to network consultants, executives, content providers, and phone...
Read More »
Local Non-Profit providing Legal Services
IT Projects Administrator
2002 - 2007
I currently work with the same organization as I accepted a promotion in 2007. During my time as an IT Projects Administrator I directed and administrated IT projects including the following:...
Rocky Mountain Anchor Sales
1999 - 2001
Created and executed marketing plans for distribution company, included creating strategies, developing, writing, editing, designing and producing marketing materials; coordinated direct mailings...
Local Non-Profit Educating Children
1997 - 1999
Wrote, edited, designed and executed layout of marketing and promotional pieces; wrote copy for, edited, designed, coordinated, administrated, completed research for and updated council website;...
University of Alabama at Birmingham
1989 - 1992
Prepared and produced publications (involved gathering and assembling information, writing and editing, design and layout, collaboration with faculty, staff and other contributors); assisted in...