you are aware of both systems.
please integrate these 2 systems into 1 panel
you will find the wireframe in the documents
id like you to bid the maximum hours for this project.
Also, i was hoping for a discount in rate, on the website your rate is $25 per hour can you offer me that rate as a repeat client with now 4 jobs in elance with you?
Skills: .net framework, .net for web, html, php
“Was able to provide good over-all programming code. There were just part of the system that was not fully optimized: the mac code for our tracker. Also we were advised when we started the project that they provide support during our production hours as we deploy the system. When the time came they advised that their programmers are not available due to some law they have in their country.
Project manager assigned to us failed to show professionalism several times during our project. Specific situation was when we asked to be under workview and they failed to comply. There were several discussions before we can settle this. Also a lot of times we discussed with them that for any schedule and specially cost changes we need to be notified and provide approval before proceeding. Most of the time well just be surprised of additional charges on our bill. There was also a time in the project where we were not receiving regular progressive report. Transparency has also been an issue with them. There were a lot of items in the scope that has not been incorporated in the initial deployment. And when we raise these to them they will at first say its a new feature. Not until we show them where in SRS can these be found before they will work on it. The system came with a 3 months warranty where we dont pay for the error fixing they need to do on the system, when this time came the project manager advised us that unless we agree to give them a 40 hours paid work they will not assign us a programmer and if there are errors they wont be able to guarantee when it will get fixed! Being under a timeline to deploy I felt cornered to agree.
We experienced several delays in the deployment of the system. As well as delivery of fixes.
“This feedback is obviously intended to show our company in a bad light, not to provide an objective overview of the work performed. We are ready to respond to each of the claims in this review and provide more info to anyone interested:
1) At the start of the project we have informed the client that we do not guarantee post-launch support during night hours. This was never agreed on in the first place.
2) Client blamed WorkView glitches on us and refused to compensate the work performed. We have discussed such situations individually and always came to a mutually appropriate agreement.
3) At times the weekly bill did exceed approved hours, because we were pushed to deliver the project faster. However, we were sticking to our overall estimates, so this has not affected total budget.
4) It was actually the other way round. The deployed system incorporated everything that was described in the SRS. During bug fixing process, the client tried to push multiple new feature requests as bugs. Each time we had to prove that something is out of scope.
5) At the start of the warranty term, the client requested a 24 hour turn around time on bug fixing. While we have never committed to such condition, we provided the client with multiple options to choose from to meet this demand. We have fulfilled our warranty obligations in full - at the close of the warranty period of 3 months, we handed over the system with 0 bugs assigned to our developer.
6) As the client was constantly requesting the implementation of new features, we had to move the deployment date. This was communicated to the client in advance.
All in all, we regret that despite our dedication to making this project successful, the client chose to give us an unfair review. ”
Freelancer Feedback Comments for Client:
“Take a look at other freelancers'' feedback - they all tell the same story. We had great rapport with our first point of contact - the CEO of the business who engaged us in this work to begin with. Yet we cannot say the same thing about his project manager, who was in charge of this job. Her incompetence has complicated the project and we ended up not only being under-compensated, but also blamed. To anyone who does not want to be rewarded like this for their hard work - stay away.”