Native French with strong life experience in foreign countries due to internships, studies and travels. Intensive immersion experience in an English speaking country (Australia) from 2004 to 2006 (Graduated with a Bachelor of Business Administration). Professional experience in the international business and the financial world (Transit agent in 2003/2004, Back office employee from 2006 to 2010).
Curious and interested in various areas (ecology, natural diets and social issues): in 2010, volunteer for a cultural association in Portugal, through the European Voluntary Service (non-formal educational program of the European Union). Creating the English version of the association's website was an introduction to the “world of translating” and a first “translating challenge”. Developing translation skills since then.
Strive to offer fluent, free-flowing and natural English texts with the emphasis on accuracy, quality and fitness for purpose.
- Translating from French to English and/or Portuguese in a variety of fields. (tourism, transport, finance, law, sport, activism, environment)
- Blog writing in French, English and Portuguese.
- Experiences with translation of subtitles.
University of Southern Queensland ( Australia)
Bachelor of Business Administration
2005 - 2006
Jean Jacques Rousseau Institute
Certificat in International Business
2001 - 2003
2013 - 2013
Freelance part-time translator
Independent family-owned company operating in the oil and petrochemical industries
• Translation of technical documents from French to English
• Editing of technical documents
Banque National de Paris, BNP ARBITRAGE
cash management at treasury dept
2006 - 2010
Transit Agent, Maritime Import Department
2003 - 2004
International Shipping Company specialized in ocean and air freight.
- Participated in the implementation of a new maritime import department
- Facilitated the custom process for customers importing merchandises from Asia
- Established invoices to customers
- Maintained daily contact with international correspondents (customs, carriers, etc)