Make Your Mark Publishing Solutions is a concierge self-publishing service for independent authors who are passionate about their work and value high-quality service. As the principal and founder, I am a highly skilled and experienced copy editor and proofreader, who assists authors with turning their manuscripts into masterpieces. I started Make Your Mark in 2007, specializing in copy and developmental editing, proofreading, coaching, and critiques. I am passionate about the written word and I am dedicated to making each author's dream a...
Read More »
• Prepares, rewrites, and edits fiction and non-fiction manuscripts to improve readability, flow, pace, continuity, consistency, and character and plot development.
• Verifies facts, dates, and statistics for accuracy.
• Skillfully detects and corrects errors in spelling, punctuation, syntax, capitalization, sentence structure, and grammar, using Chicago Manual of Style and The Publication Manual of the APA as references when applicable. Easily adapts to any in-house style required by the publisher or client.
• Assists authors in developing story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal.
• Reads, evaluates, and edits manuscripts or other materials submitted for publication and confers with authors regarding changes in content, style or organization, or publication.
• Coaches authors through the writing, editing, and rewriting process on style, plot and character development, continuity, pace, flow, and all other integral elements of novel or non-fiction book composition.
• Keeps authors motivated and encouraged throughout the writing process with brainstorming, writing techniques and best practices, and tips that challenge their creativity and reignites their visions.
Read More »