Innovative INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PROFESSIONAL with demonstrated excellence in providing troubleshooting and problem solving for desktop applications, computer hardware, networks, and servers. Saved clients and employers thousands of dollars by increasing efficiency and lowering costs. Proven track record in communicating technical terms in plain language to users of all levels and of helping users succeed in their daily tasks.
Read More »
BA, Hiram College, May 2001 3.3/4.0 GPA
Major Career Accomplishments
• 9 years of experience as an IT consultant;...
Windows XP Administration
Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Due to the depth and breadth of my IT experience, I’m in a unique position to take a 360 view of a client’s technical issues and make cost-effective solutions a reality. By seeing the challenge as a whole and by not simply isolating each individual variable I am able to break through and find answers that my colleagues, who are more specialized, may not find.
My main areas of interest are technical writing, technical training, and help desk. I’m also interested in cost management consulting.
My work experiences support my claim to expertise in these areas.
For example, in every position I have held I have made a point of using documentation to assist coworkers and clients in understanding technical material. My specialty is putting rather arcane subject matter into language any user can understand. I’ve worked as a contract technical writer in addition to working on this documentation as a part of my regular duties.
And that’s just my technical writing background. I’ve worked as a consulting LAN/WAN professional for the client State Farm (my title was Incident Manager), in help desk (level 1 and level 2) for multiple employers and clients, on mobile communications devices, and with Microsoft Server 2003. I’ve also trained physicians and their allied medical professionals nationwide on the use of cardiac monitoring equipment. In short, I have a bit of experience doing everything possible in the IT world.
Read More »
Help Desk Analyst
2008 - 2009
• Created documentation based on users’ general needs and saved the company 20% in call volume every day, translating into thousands of dollars a month
• Supported users of all levels at major...
Progressive Casualty Insurance Company
Client Server Analyst
2007 - 2007
• Trained whole departments, including executive level management, on the use of the new Wi-Fi system installed in Progressive’s main complex
2005 - 2006
• Delivered training courses to medical professionals, including physicians, across the country
• Developed manual for use by new trainers, saving thousands of dollars in productive hours for...
Technical Writer / Help Desk Analyst
2004 - 2005
• Saved the IT department over $70,000 by reducing overhead costs through increased efficiency via the analysis of call volume and the use of technical documentation
Consultant / Incident Manager
2002 - 2003
• Delivered the best problem resolution statistics in workgroup of 6 people
Hiram College Computer Center
Student Work Study Employee
1997 - 2001
• Responded to campus-side technical support requests involving computer hardware and software malfunctions
• Repaired PCs, including the restoration of proper software and hardware functionality
Bachelor of Arts
1996 - 2001
help desk level 1
help desk level 2