I have a wide variety of experience in some amazingly diverse fields. I have an excellent command of the English language, whether written or spoken. I am incredibly organized. I have strong technical and creative skills.
Lead Technical Staff
2008 - 2012
Linux (Debian) system administration, database (PostgreSQL) administration, and tools (perl) development in support of non-classified government contracts.
Senior System Administrator, Core Engineering
2007 - 2008
Responsible for much of the central hardware and software infrastructure used by a large percent of the AOL host complex. Team members are also considered local expert resources for AOL employees.
• Developing, implementing, and documenting new solutions and standards to meet the challenges faced when attempting to manage upwards of 25,000 hosts with ever-decreasing resources. Topics include: PCI and SOX compliance, retirement of operating systems, application and configuration management and distribution, license management, system logging, security concerns, power concerns, tools development, and product evaluation.
• Maintaining NFS clusters and associated hosts central to management and access of the AOL production complex.
• Writing and maintaining documentation derived from personal knowledge, interviews with subject-matter experts, or meeting notes.
• Providing application, operating system, and hardware support to any AOL Technologies employee needing assistance.
See my recommendations for this position at:
(Senior) System Administrator, Test Operations
2003 - 2007
Maintained 4 separate test environments (across ~2,000 hosts) used in the software development lifecycle. Day-to-day responsibilities included:
• Installed, maintained, and supported an AIM environment regularly used by internal customers and external partners (Microsoft, Reuters, Google, Jabber, etc.) for functionality, longevity, and stress testing prior to production deployment.
• Devised and documented the policies, procedures, and overall direction of the team.
• Wrote and maintained documentation for internal and external consumption.
• Developed tools for information retrieval, processing, and reporting.
• Represented the interests of Test Operations and the user community to other operational, functional, and development groups.
• Created and maintained training materials for internal cross-training and customer environment training sessions. Provided formalized training from these materials on a regular basis.
See recommendations for my work in this position at: