As you can see, my work experience is varied:
Read More »
- building and maintaining a 20,000+ name mailing list ;
- writing proposals for an engineering firm;
- writing product copy, editing and proofchecking, and project managing the development of catalogs and eStores;
- formatting a manual for a union's membership and a sales report for a hospitality marketing company;
- writing thank you letters to donors of an higher education institution;
- word processing.
All of my previous work experience has contributed to my organizational...
Nov 12, 2008|Mailing List Development|$400|Completed
Oct 28, 2008|Data Entry|$75|Working
View All »
Oct 14, 2008|Mailing List Development|$400|Working
Over my twelve-plus years of professional service, I have built a career on managing marketing projects -- proposals and brochures for a civil engineering firm as well catalogs, flyers, eStores and blast e-mails for a promotional marketing company with Fortune 1000 clients to name just a few. In the last year-and-a-half, I have had to assimilate into three different companies' cultures immediately to be effective in my assigned role as a temporary employee. At one point during the Summer of 2007, I found myself working a temp job during the day and formatting and editing a manual for a union group in the evenings. With my ability to multi-task and learn quickly, I believe I could be an asset to your company's goals.
My degree in Journalism has equipped me with the skills to write promotional articles for publication, develop ads for engineering firms and produce copy for catalogs and eStores. When I was getting my degree, I imagined that I was destined to work in an advertising agency. I never imagined the tangent my life would take upon graduation, but I haven't regretted a single step of it.
Read More »
RJ Mann and Associates
Inside Sales Associate
2009 - 2013
Stivers Staffing Services
Interim Administrative Assistant
2008 - 2008
Two-week assignment with duties that include administrative assistance to Mayor and City Administrator, filing and maintaining Worker's comp claims, processing Purchase Orders, filing, switchboard...
Ajilon Professional Staffing
Interim Receptionist and Interim Coordintor
2007 - 2008
Interim Coordinator - University of Missouri-Kansas City, University Advancement, Office of Development, Kansas City, Missouri. Ten-plus month assignment with duties that include answering phones,...
Associate Marketing Manager
2000 - 2006
- Quality control (proof-reading, editing, fact checking) for approximately 185 collateral (catalogs, flyers, posters, and blast e-mails) projects per year.
- Managed the collateral creation...
1993 - 2000
- Created and assembled responses to Requests for Quote/Proposal for city, county, state, and federal governments as well as clients in the private sector. Responsibilities included designing the...
PC-TRANS/KU Transportation Center
Copy Editor/Advertising Manager/Customer Service Representative
1990 - 1993
- Copy Editor for three quarterly publications: two newsletters for Kansas public works and transit communities; one national micro-computing magazine for transportation professionals.
University of Kansas
Bachelor of Science, Journalism with emphasis in Advertising
1989 - 1993
copy and letter writing