Research, composition, and review/editing services for health and lifestyle-related topics provided by a young Dietitian with a fresh and balanced perspective on these issues. Bringing a solid understanding of health behaviours and the factors that influence such actions, articles will be current and relevant to whatever audience you are targeting (from children and youth to health professionals and academic audiences). All compositions will be appropriately referenced and based on the most current, high-quality evidence....
Read More »
Professional designation: Registered Dietitian, registered with the College of Dietitians of Alberta.
Educational background: Master of Public Health in Community Nutrition from the University of Toronto (2009) and a Bachelor of Applied Science In Applied Human Nutrition from the University of Guelph (2007).
Relevant Professional Experience
- Registered Dietitian with a focus in public and community health (Master of Public Health degree)
- Peer reviewer of academic manuscripts and professional communication materials
- Researcher focused on obesity and chronic disease prevention strategies
- Team leader for a team of 28 staff that focus on improving child and youth health through partnerships with the education sector
- School health promoter focused on working with schools and school districts, parent groups, and community organizations to improve healthy eating, physical activity and mental health among students
Areas of Knowledge & Expertise
- Child and youth health
- Chronic disease prevention and management
- Community development
- Determinants of individual and population health
- Health behaviour change
- Health/public health policy
- Health promotion
- Nutrition and healthy eating
- Physical activity and active living
- School health
- Academic writing and editing
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Development of grant applications/proposals
- Development of nutrition recommendations and...
Read More »