I specialize in writing math questions/tests/workbooks/lessons focusing on specific objectives: Common Core State Standards, SAT, ACT, GMAT, GRE, SSAT, CLEP... (I can also write English/reading/grammar content for standardized tests.) I am an excellent writer and proofreader with a sharp eye for detail, and I enjoy creating finished products that are clear, concise, and polished. I have over 15 years' experience teaching math in high school and community college and prep courses for the SAT and other standardized tests. I have written and edited a number of SAT books, math workbooks, and teacher guides, as well as countless math tests, quizzes, and worksheets for my own classes. If you want interesting, varied, and carefully researched work that accurately reflects the learning objectives, let's talk!
As a math teacher, teacher trainer, and standardized test expert, I specialize in the following:
* Writing and organizing math lessons and practice questions (all levels from arithmetic to calculus)
* Writing accurate questions for the SAT, ACT, GMAT, GRE...
* Writing clear solutions and explanations to math or standardized test questions
* Creating math games or other games
* Proofreading and editing handbooks, user guides, and manuals
My goal is to provide you with a high-quality finished product, both in content and in formatting.
Vermont State Board of Education
Level II Professional Educator's License
University of New Hampshire
BS, Secondary Math Education
University of New Hampshire
MAT, Secondary Math Education
We can decide on terms for a particular project, but this usually works well:
* I submit the first, say, 10% of the job so that you can verify that you like the direction I've taken or request changes before I get too far into the project; you release the first payment of 10%.
* I submit the final deliverable; you look it over and release the remaining 90% of the payment.
I am happy to make minor changes after submitting the final deliverable, but any major changes would have been addressed after the first submission of the first 10%.
Another option is to set up a small trial job so that we both can decide whether we have a good fit. Elance policy prohibits freelancers from providing sample work for free; if you want to verify that I can do the job, a short paid sample is the way to go.
I am conscientious about maintaining my clients' confidentiality and providing each client with original work. I will draw new triangles for your geometry project, and I won't steal words from your proprietary list for someone else's vocabulary project.
Please let me know whether your project is urgent or can wait a while; if I'm already juggling a couple of projects, I want to give any new project the attention it requires.