I draw and I write. All for the purpose of making life's experiences better for people.
As a UX designer and technical writer, my job is to anticipate problems before they actually become problems. I look for gaps in software, documentation and processes, and take on the job of either filling those gaps or designing new and improved versions.
- BS in Engineering and UX Design Certification from UCLA
- 7+ years professional UX and UI experience
- 10+ years professional technical writing experience
- Well-versed in creating low and high fidelity wireframes, flow diagrams, schematics and prototypes.
- In-depth knowledge of web site and mobile app functionalities, interactions, usability, and navigation
- Expert in Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, Axure, Invision and Keynote
UX Designer and Technical Writing Consultant
Los Angeles, California, USA
2006 to Current
Client Showcase: Activision (Call of Duty), Allscripts, AT&T (RingCentral), Carbonite, Experian Simmons, Guthy-Renker (Proactiv), ifbyphone, Johnson & Johnson, Lexus, Liberty Mutual, LogMeIn, Rovicorp (Sonic Solutions), TD Bank, Ticketmaster, True Religion Brand Jeans, United States Army
Designed infographics and user journeys for web and mobile apps, websites (both informational and eCommerce) and online training. Prepared specifications, user personas, behavioral segmentation studies, interaction models, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes and feature priority lists for technology products (including those for mobile apps, consumer products and software solutions), which required working with key stakeholders to define functional and business requirements. Created user manuals, developer s guides, presentations, web copy and technical whitepapers for numerous digital communication, media, software development, and information technology companies.
UX Designer and Technical Writer
Aspera, Inc. Emeryville, California, USA
2010 to 2013
Developed user experiences for Aspera s desktop, web and mobile applications, which required the creation of user personas, behavioral segmentation studies, interaction models, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes and feature priority lists. Created product demonstration videos, as well as interactive product/technology/company presentations, which were used on the Aspera website and as sales/training support collateral. Created style guides and templates for Aspera system documentation, which included designing for PDF, HTML5 and mobile output. Authored product manuals, knowledge base articles, white papers and release notes, in accordance with multiple, concurrent product lifecycles.
Torrance, California, USA
2004 to 2006
Designed critical, FAA-mandated components for aircraft environmental control and safety systems, including valves, sensors, heat exchangers and filters. Performed Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to evaluate distribution of stresses and displacements in designed components. Developed sophisticated numerical models for Boeing commercial airline environmental control and safety systems for use in statistical analysis of risk and failure. Initiated and completed a Six Sigma continuous-improvement plan that significantly increased department efficiency and reduced task response-time, based on documented case studies.
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), 2004
UCLA Extension: Design Communication Arts
Design Communication Arts (DCA)
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
1998 - 2004
Technical Publications Manager
2010 - Present
* Managed the publication of internal and end-user documents, including technology proposals, product manuals, knowledge base articles, white papers and release notes, in accordance with multiple, concurrent product lifecycles.
* Converted business publication requirements (from proposals) into functional specifications and designs.
* Participated in the development of project assessments and plans.
* Wrote and edited copy for partner-facing marketing collateral including web pages, product and solutions datasheets, product brochures, press releases, advertising and tradeshow signage.
* Created product demonstration and training videos, as well as interactive product/technology/company presentations, that were used on the Aspera website and as sales/training support collateral.
* Collaborated with Asperaís platform development team to deliver technology white papers and prepare abstracts and speaking submissions for key technology conferences.
* Supervised software and documentation localization effort for French, Korean, Chinese and Japanese languages.
* Oversaw publications department processes and policies, including the development of company templates and style guides.
Independent Analysis and Documentation Solutions
IT Business Analyst and Communications Consultant
2006 - Present
* Authored successful technology proposals for multiple software and web-application development companies, which resulted in over $10M of new business for these organizations.
* Designed user manuals, work flow process diagrams, technical specifications and test plans for aerospace, automotive, government, military, educational, software development, information technology, and consumer product organizations.
* Developed voice-over scripts and acted as Senior Project Manager for a leading business demonstration production company (clients included Fortune 500 companies and world-class financial institutions).
* Gathered and analyzed information for defining functional requirements, designs, development and implementation of final projects.
* Performed routine analysis and research in support of business goals and strategies.
* Developed detailed test plans and scripts; performed testing for routine processes to ensure proper system functionality.
* Collaborated with development, QA (testing) and Technical Support teams in all phases of the SDLC.
* Created developerís guides, technical whitepapers, release notes and API reference materials for numerous digital communication, media, software development, and information technology companies.
Performance Analysis Engineer
2004 - 2006
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Technical Writer (Product Development)
2002 - 2004