I have over four years of experience as a full-time copy editor, writer, and French-to-English translator. As an editor and in-house writer for an educational publisher, I edited textbooks and exams on a wide range of technical subject matter, from accounting to veterinary science to using a PC. Besides improving the language and style of these materials, I also used my research and critical-thinking skills to ensure that the content was clear, easy to follow, and well organized.
Read More »
As a freelancer I've also edited dissertation chapters and...
COPY EDITING AND PROOFREADING
- Edit informative documents for style, clarity, and consistency
- Experienced in a variety of styles, including business communications, training documents, and academic papers
- Use the Track Changes function in MS Word
- May suggest changes to content or organization
- Fluent in the Chicago Manual of Style
TRANSLATION FROM FRENCH TO ENGLISH
- Trained at the McGill University Centre for Continuing Education
- Translate documents for a variety of specialized fields, including informatics and business communications
Read More »
Professional Training Institute
Copy Editor and Multimedia Scriptwriter
2007 - 2008
• Edited textbooks and other documents for style, clarity, and consistency
• Composed examination and review questions for educational programs in a variety of subjects
• Verified that course...