I am a skilled non profit attorney with more than 15 years of experience providing counsel on a vast range of issues. My specific area of concentration is the formation of tax exempt (non profit) organizations. In the past 5 years alone, I have successfully incorporated and obtained 501(c)(3) status for close to 200 organizations. With an LL.M in taxation and an MBA, I am able to successfully advise start up organizations on corporate structure, business plans, fundraising and marketing programs, grant applications, and government...
Read More »
Mar 14, 2014|Other Legal Services|Private|Working
Mar 6, 2014|Incorporation|Private|Completed
Mar 4, 2014|Business and Corporate|Private|Completed
Feb 18, 2014|Incorporation|Private|Working
I have a wide range of experience in providing a variety of services for tax exempt organizations. Services include:
1. Preparation of 501(c) applications to obtain tax exempt status. I have prepared over 150 applications for submission to the IRS and have thus far had a 100% approval rate. The applications I have prepared included numerous public charities, private foundations, and private operating foundations, several schools, hospitals, religious organizations, churches, American Friends of organizations, social welfare organizations, as well as social recreational clubs.
2. Provision of legal advice and counsel with respect to various aspects of nonprofit law, best practices, charitable contributions, non profit strategies and governance, corporate compliance, board development, and protections against liabilities.
3. Preparation of all legal documentation including: Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Conflict of interest Policy, Code of Ethics, Gift Acceptance Policy, Document Retention / Destruction Policy, Whistleblower Policy, Employment Agreements, Consultant Agreements, Contracts and other legal agreements
4. Provision of grant research, grant writing, and grant development for federal, state, corporate, private and public foundation grants.
5. Preparation of marketing, solicitation and other fundraising or development materials, specifically brochures, web site content, fundraising and acknowledgment letters.
Read More »