For the last 13 years I've been working in the enterprise environment, mostly in ISPs and telecoms. I consider myself very well Unix/Linux literate with solid experience in Linux (RHEL, SLES and Debian-based distributions), Solaris and have a very solid experience with HP-UX in HP enterprise hardware as well a lot of Storage knowledge.
I enjoy designing, implementing and administer highly-available clustered systems, complex architectures including virtualization, handling large SAN shared storage systems (EMC, HP or NetApp).
I am always up for challenging Unix/Linux/SAN or Virtualisation projects.
Vast experience with Unix Architecting, administration, migrations, disaster recovery.
Storage expert in EMC (DMX, Clarion) and Netapp.
VMware architect with HA and Storage replication.
Latest Interesting Projects
- Disaster Recover solution with HP-UX servers with EMC SRDF/S replication using boot from SAN
- WMWare setup of 1x7 node cluster production and 5xnode cluster disaster recovery replicated accross (DRM)
Principal Unix/Linux Engineer
2008 - Present
- Design and support New Unix/Linux solutions depending on new Projects
- Provide 4th line support.
Project Manager & Technical Architect for the following major projects:
• HP Superdome2 migration
Design and build a solution in order to migrate some of the most critical database systems from PA-RISC to Integrity. The solution was based on HP-UX 11iv3 using VxVM along with VCS (Two 2-node clusters and one 7-node cluster).
The main goal was to convert several production (Linux & Windows) physical servers to VMware virtual machines as well as convert two RHEL Clusters to boot from SAN and replicate them to the disaster site. The solution was built with vmware ESXi using two HA/DRS clusters, one 8node and one 5 node, and replicating their VMs using SRDFs.
• Data Center Relocation
Design a plan of how to relocate the main production servers into the newly built data center. The implementation run during 4 weekends with minimum service interruption and relocated successfully 48 racks.
• New Data Center
Running the IT side of the project - setup the requirements for power, cooling, networking, access control and fire safety. Liaise with the contactors and ensure the integrity of the project. Arrange for the proper delivery of the site by running integrated tests.
• HP rp44xx, rp74xx, rp84xx, rx7640,rx8640 class, Superdomes (PA, Integrity & Superdome2), HP C-Class Blades with Virtual Connect, Dell blades, Sun T2000 & T5440, EMC Clarion, Centera, DMX2000 & DMX4, NetApp
• HPUX 11v1 to v3, Solaris 10, RHEL 9&10, SLES 4.5 & 5 , Windows 2000-2003
• LVM, VxVM, VCS, OVO, OVPI, Nagios, RedHat Cluster, EMC Control Center, EMC Replication Manager, ESXi, VCenter, Weblogic, Oracle ESB, Tomcat