I have raised over $20 million as a grant proposal writer, and the lessons I've learned in this field make me an excellent candidate for all types of writing and editing jobs.
Read More »
Getting clear on what you want to say is more than half the battle.
If you already know what you want to say, I will figure out how to say it in a way that has just the right tone for your audience.
If you're still working towards clarity, but you need to get your message out soon, I can help you get there. I have years of experience working with individuals and...
Oct 14, 2012|Technical Writing|$125|Completed
Five simple rules for any type of non-fiction writing:
1. Address your audience in a way thatís honest, respectful, and gets to the point promptly.
2. Offer something for the head and something for the heart. Your audience will always include both intellectual and emotional types.
3. Use good grammar, punctuation and spelling.
4. Spice it up a bit with unexpected word choices or images to keep things interesting Ė as long as your balloon doesnít drift into the land of style over substance.
5. If there are clear guidelines or expectations, know those rules inside-out, and follow them. You can color inside the lines and still be creative.
What Iíve done the most is grant proposal writing, and following these five rules helped me to raise millions of dollars for a wide variety of causes.
Currently, Iím interested in all types of non-fiction writing and editing work.
I always follow these rules, which means you never have to worry that my writing will be copied from somewhere else, dull, rambling, or overly pleased with its own cleverness. It also means that if you, my client, have certain rules or expectations for what you want, I will make sure that I understand them and that I write it exactly the way that youíve described.
** I am a US citizen living in Canada and qualified to work in both countries **
Read More »
2008 - 2009
Grant proposals, grant reporting, funding research, mgmt of funding database. Worked closely with staff to develop narratives, budgets and other materials.
2007 - 2008
B2B Writing, technical writing, white papers, ghost writing.
Web research and numerous interviews with CEOs to develop materials.
Writer / Non-profit Management Consultant
2001 - 2007
Wrote and edited grant proposals, taught proposal writing workshops and provided one-on-one mentoring in proposal writing.
I raised millions of dollars with my own proposals. Everyone that I...