Whether you need full editorial assistance or a quick proofread before your book is published, I'll ensure your message is heard and not obscured by poor grammar or word choice.
I offer editing, proofreading, research, fact checking, and writing services, particularly for business and technical projects. I also specialize in assisting non-native English speakers polish their works prior to submission. Conversant with Chicago Manual of Style (and Turabian), Oxford, CP, APA, MLA, and AP style guidelines.
Whether you need full editorial services or to hire a proofreader for a final check of your e-book before it's published, my goal is to provide you with a flawless final product. I work with a variety of media styles and genres and stay current with style changes that can mean the difference between an accepted and rejected manuscript. Depending on your particular needs, I'll go through several revisions before finalizing a project.
I offer the following services to my clients, and you will receive work that I've completed myself. If I must subcontract out part of a project for any reason (such as for transcription services), I will notify you in advance and you have final approval over that addition to the project.
EDITING / PROOFREADING (fiction and nonfiction):
* Content review/analysis
* Assistance with voice/tone (active vs. passive voice, etc.) and word choice
* Removing redundant material, fixing repetitive phrases, and working on text flow
* Corrections for grammar, spelling, and punctuation
* Proofreading for typos and spacing/formatting issues
WRITING / GHOSTWRITING (fiction and nonfiction):
* E-books and blogs
* Brochures, PowerPoint presentations, and newsletters
* White papers
* Case studies and business reports
* Novellas and short stories (fiction)
"PinnacleProofing has worked on several of our projects before and we have always been more than satisfied with the results! She is an excellent contractor who provides great service at a reasonable price and delivers it on time every time. We will definitely use her services again."
"I needed a professional editor who has background knowledge in the field of environment, and the provider is exactly the person whom I needed. Everything was satisfactory, including the result, progress, and communication with the provider. Highly recommend."
"Response was immediate to any questions and work completed above expectations."
"Cannot say enough good things about this provider! Christine is an excellent writer and editor, and I feel particularly blessed to have found her! Looking forward to many more projects together! :)"
A.S. Environmental Science
2005 - 2007
Freelance proofreader/copy editor
2000 - 2009
Copy editing and proofreading of full-length novels in a variety of genres
Bangor Daily News
2000 - 2000
Participated in a three-month internship at the Bangor Daily News (Bangor, ME). I worked with news reporters on fact-checking and writing short news articles, and I maintained the weekly and monthly event calendars.
- Editing and Proofreading: $45 per hour*
- Writing: Please contact me to ask about per-word rates vs. flat fees
I can provide quotes for entire projects as opposed to an hourly rate - contact me with your project details and I'll respond promptly.
*Rate in effect for calendar year 2014.
- Elance Escrow preferred.
- 20% down payment required on all projects exceeding $100.
- Multiple milestones for projects exceeding a length of three days.
- Project scope to be agreed on before project commences; any changes or additions beyond the agreed-on scope will be billed as an additional charge or as a separate project.
Available via phone, direct email, and Skype.
Thorndike Press (Gale Group), Lead Proofreader
Freelance proofreading and copyediting of novels for publishing firm.
Scan of reference letter can be emailed if requested, as Martha no longer works at Thorndike Press.