As a professional copy editor, I assist you in transforming your written piece into a polished final deliverable. New and seasoned authors, time-strapped business professionals, and some of the largest companies in the world rely on me to ensure their writing is flawless. Let me do the same for you. If you require editing, proofreading, or resume writing services, please contact me today for a no obligation consultation.
Editing is neither an exact science nor a frivolous routine. As an experienced editor, I respect the stylistic preferences of my clients and take into consideration the intended audience of his or her manuscript. The result is an appropriate balance between incompetent English and rigid academic prose. Moreover, writing and editing share the same common purpose--that is, to communicate. Similarly, to ensure a quality written piece, both writer and editor must unite as one, maintaining effective communication along the way.
I offer professional copyediting, proofreading, and resume writing services as outlined below.
- Using the Track Changes feature of MS Word, I will correct indisputable errors in spelling, basic grammar, and punctuation.
- I will review for font and spacing inconsistencies and revise if necessary.
Includes all proofreading services plus the following:
- I will point out any awkward, turgid, or confusing sections and offer suggestions for improvement.
- I will point out major organizational problems and offer suggestions for improvement.
- I will correct inconsistencies in capitalization, compounding, number style, abbreviations, the use of italics or underscores, and sequences of anything alphabetical or numerical.
Resume Writing and Cover Letters
Although I can revise almost any type of document, I receive the most requests for the following:
- Manuscripts, short stories, and e-books
- Business reports, proposals, and communication documents
- Websites and blogs
- Press releases
- Theses and dissertations
- Query letters and book proposals
When editing, I adhere to The Chicago Manual of Style and Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary.
North Carolina Office of Emergency Medical Service
Emergency Medical Technician Basic
Surry Community College
Associate in General Education
Bachelor of Science in Human Services
2006 - 2008
Forsyth Technical Community College
Certificate, Emergency Medical Technician-Basic
2007 - Present
Assist various clients by proofreading, copy editing, filing, fact checking, archiving, and researching material for publication.
2011 - 2011
Proofread all material prior to publication, checking for proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Edit e-books to improve readability and maintain consistent style of writing. Manage contact between contributing authors and outsourced printing service.