Progressive experience in developing and implementing financial systems, strategies, processes and controls that significantly improve the managements’ understanding of the operations, accountability and profitability of the company.
Read More »
Expert in establishing accounting functions, systems and best practices according to GAAP and FASB; including cost-reduction, automation and specialized managerial reports.
Extensive experience in creating, maintaining and controlling budgets and budget revisions. Expert accounting accomplishments in...
January 2013-September 2013 Jewish Vocational Service
Chicago, IL. Grant Administrator
• Managed the post-award financial administration of grants and contracts throughout the life-cycle of the grants and contracts
• Ensures grant funds availability, responsible for tracking in-kind and match on grants in G/L in accordance to funding requirements
• Reviewed and approved expense and salary allocations in compliance with policies and applicable grant regulations
• Analyzed and reconciled grant funds creating necessary journal entries to record earned revenue, release from restriction and billings
• Prepared financial reports and submits to government, state, community (sponsoring) agencies as required including external invoicing, cash draws, A-133 audit schedules, and quarterly reports
• Monitors and maintains all effort certifications which determine the value of labor
• Assists with monitoring all sub-grant contracts, performing financial audits of sub-grantees when necessary as well as assisting program personnel with program audits
• Assists CFO in the preparation of year-end audit schedules and funding reports such as consolidated financial statements
2000-2013 Self-employed Accountant
• Accounting system installation, setup and implementation
• Internal financial audits for data integrity and compliance
• Payroll processing and payroll tax filings
• Budget setup and management
• Banking Relations and related financial reporting and...
Read More »