Canadian entrepreneur, currently living and working in Taipei. I'm passionate about writing and business. I blog regularly about travel, tech, and politics. Also, I speak English, French, and Indonesian fluently.
Writing/Editing: I currently do the copyediting for a team of University of Toronto supported researchers in Taipei. My background is as a writer - my degree focused on essay writing, though I'm also great at short fiction and journalistic styles. I LOVE to write, it's freeing to bring thoughts alive on paper, whether for analytical or creative purposes.
Translation: I speak three languages fluently - English, French, and Indonesian. I'm able to do translation work in all three. I'm a native English speaker.
Bachelor of Public Affairs and Policy Management
University of Toronto
Bachelor of Arts, Honours
2013 - Present
I'm working on a healthcare startup that helps pharmacists connect more closely with their patients. We're a lean startup, and I occasionally use Elance to supplement my income as I get the startup up and running.
Social Innovation Research Group
Co-Founder, Media Director
2012 - Present
SIRG analyzes why social innovation succeeds or fails in Taiwan, publicizing relevant learnings both in Canada and Taiwan. We run a yearly practitioner's focused symposium at the Canadian Trade Office in Taipei. This year's symposium explored Pathways and Barriers to Social Enterprise Success.
As a co-founder of SIRG, I
- Built media channels to publish SIRG research, in addition to regularly writing analytical pieces on the Taiwanese SE sector
- Engaged in strategic planning determining how the organization would grow
- Networked and did field research with social entrepreneurs, government agencies, and foundations
- Organized and ran a conference on social enterprise, bringing key actors together around a focused and practical discussion. Co-authored conference white papers, available at http://bit.ly/WhbVIT
- Will be engaging with the Taiwanese government as a consultant on social enterprise legislation
Canadian Trade Office in Taipei
Intern - General Relations
2012 - 2013
The Canadian Trade Office in Taipei represents Canada in Taiwan. As an intern, I work directly under the Director of General Relations. My work has included
- Writing reports on different political and trade issues, including the education market in Taipei and challenges faced by LGBT communities here
- Building promotional materials for the office - including web design and a social media strategy
- Copyediting promotional material being distributed by the office
Pro Poor Innovation Mapping Project
2011 - 2013
2012 - 2012
The INDePth Conference
Co-Founder, Co-Chair Marketing and Fundraising
2011 - 2012
Just Rights Radio
2011 - 2012