The ONLY provider to earn a Top 1% ranking on the Elance resume writing skill test. In today's highly competitive job market, you can't afford to have a "Top 10%" or "Top 20%" resume. Your resume must be in the top 1% to attract the attention of decision makers.
Read More »
A triple-certified resume writer, my expertise lies in creating branded career marketing pieces. I primarily work with executives and senior managers, but my experience spans all career levels and industries.
The right message -- communicated through a resume, LinkedIn profile,...
Feb 3, 2014|Resumes & Cover Letters|Private|Working
Dec 5, 2013|Resumes & Cover Letters|Private|Completed
Nov 24, 2013|Resumes & Cover Letters|Private|Completed
Nov 12, 2013|Resumes & Cover Letters|Private|Completed
A great resume and LinkedIn profile can revitalize your job search, get the attention of decision makers, support your professional image, and pave the way to new opportunities. An effective resume goes beyond listing past employers and duties it creates a compelling and credible picture of you as the right candidate for the job.
Job seekers often ask how they're supposed to choose between so many seemingly qualified resume writers. There are a few accepted guidelines to follow, and I've included them for your reference below. Following these guidelines will help you find the best writer rather than the cheapest writer (after all, we're talking about your career!).
Questions to ask before choosing a resume writer on Elance:
- Can you find this provider outside of Elance? In other words, is s/he really a professional resume writer or is this a "hobby"?
- Does s/he have a LinkedIn profile with testimonials from satisfied clients?
- Are the results of Elance's Resume Writing skill test listed on the provider's profile? Note the difference between providers who simply list the skill and those who have actually taken the skill test.
- Are the sample resumes in line with current best practices? If you see an objective statement, that is a red flag.
- Is the provider a member of any professional associations? Look for The NRWA, PARW-CC, CDI, and CTL.
- Does the provider hold any resume writing certifications? Keep in...
Read More »