The ONLY provider to earn a Top 1% ranking on the Elance resume writing skill test. In today's highly competitive job market, you can't afford to have a "Top 10%" or "Top 20%" resume. Your resume must be in the top 1% to attract the attention of decision makers.
A triple-certified resume writer, my expertise lies in creating branded career marketing pieces. I primarily work with executives and senior managers, but my experience spans all career levels and industries.
The right message -- communicated through a resume, LinkedIn profile, bio, website, email, or other communications piece -- can revitalize your job search, get the attention of decision makers, support your professional image, and pave the way to new opportunities.
= Gallery of Best Cover Letters
= Gallery of Best Resumes
= Resumes that Pop!
= Cover Letters for Dummies
Specialties: Professional Resume Writer, Executive Resume Writer, Executive Resumes, IT Resumes, Career Transition Resume, CV
A great resume and LinkedIn profile can revitalize your job search, get the attention of decision makers, support your professional image, and pave the way to new opportunities. An effective resume goes beyond listing past employers and duties – it creates a compelling and credible picture of you as the right candidate for the job.
Job seekers often ask how they're supposed to choose between so many seemingly qualified resume writers. There are a few accepted guidelines to follow, and I've included them for your reference below. Following these guidelines will help you find the best writer rather than the cheapest writer (after all, we're talking about your career!).
Questions to ask before choosing a resume writer on Elance:
- Can you find this provider outside of Elance? In other words, is s/he really a professional resume writer or is this a "hobby"?
- Does s/he have a LinkedIn profile with testimonials from satisfied clients?
- Are the results of Elance's Resume Writing skill test listed on the provider's profile? Note the difference between providers who simply list the skill and those who have actually taken the skill test.
- Are the sample resumes in line with current best practices? If you see an objective statement, that is a red flag.
- Is the provider a member of any professional associations? Look for The NRWA, PARW-CC, CDI, and CTL.
- Does the provider hold any resume writing certifications? Keep in mind that not all certifications are equal.
- Has the provider's work been published in any books? Resume writers have many opportunities for publication.
Why choose me?
- I hold three resume writing certifications, including the NCRW, which is held by less than 35 people worldwide
- I am a leader in my industry and was appointed to the Board of the National Resume Writers' Association
- I am ranked in the Top 1% on Elance's resume writing skill test
- I specialize in executive, IT, and career transition resumes
- I am a USAF veteran skilled in developing interview-winning military-to-civilian resumes
- My work has been featured in Gallery of Best Cover Letters (2012), Gallery of Best Resumes (2011), Resumes that Pop! (2010), and Cover Letters for Dummies (2009)
- I am a member of the following associations:
* National Resume Writers' Association (NRWA)
* Professional Association of Resume Writers and Career Coaches (PARW-CC)
* Career Thought Leaders Consortium
Who I work with:
Managers and Executives
Senior managers through C-level executives, including small business owners
Retiring or Separating Veterans
Veterans or National Guard Members with 1 to 20+ years of military experience
Hands-on or management-level technology professionals
Transitioning Job Seekers
Professionals seeking a promotion or changing career fields / industries, entrepreneurs returning to the workforce, stay-at-home parents, and more
College Students and Recent Graduates
College students or graduates with less than 5 years of work experience
Resume Writer, Certified Professional Resume Writer, Nationally Certified Resume Writer, Acacemy Certified Resume Writer, National Resume Writers Association Board Member, LinkedIn Profile Writer, Executive Resume Writer, IT Resume Writer, Resumes and Cover Letters, Certified Resume Writer, CPRW / NCRW, ACRW, CV Writer, Resume Writing, Professional Bio, Career Marketing Content, Career Marketer, Executive Recruiter Expert, Resume Writer
Resume Writing Academy
Academy Certified Resume Writer
National Resume Writers' Association
Nationally Certified Resume Writer
Professional Association of Resume Writers
Certified Professional Resume Writer
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Bachelor of Arts in English
2003 - 2005
Defense Language Institute
Diploma in Mandarin Chinese
1997 - 1998
Swanson Career Solutions
Executive Resume Writer
2013 - Present
Executive Resume Writer
2007 - Present
Resume Writer and Research Specialist Supervisor
2005 - 2007
United States Air Force
Chinese Linguist / Intelligence Analyst
1996 - 2002