I am a retired United States immigration attorney with years of experience in practice. Although I specialized in immigration law, I have experience doing legal research and writing in all fields of law.
Read More »
I have excellent English writing skills, efficient and professional administrative skills, and translation skills. I am able to provide legal services (research and writing), immigration services, writing services, and translation services.
I relocated to the Philippines in 2009 and it is through Elance that I discovered I can...
Oct 10, 2013|Immigration|Private|Working
Nov 21, 2011|Immigration|Private|Completed
Sep 6, 2011|Other - Legal|Private|Completed
Sep 1, 2011|Immigration|Private|Completed
Experience in the following areas:
1. Legal research, verification of citations, shepherdizing , and summaries of cases.
2. Legal Writing: Memorandums of Points and Authorities, Motions, Petitions for Review, Legal Briefs, Pleadings, Legal Correspondence, and Respondent's Declarations.
3. Other Writing: Blogs, guidelines, articles, fact sheets, and SEO articles.
B. Immigration Law:
1. Completion of all immigration applications: K visa, Family Immigration Visa, Employment Visa, I-360 VAWA (Violence Against Women Act) Immigration Application, Special Immigrant Juvenile Status visa, I-751 Petition (Petitions to Remove Conditions of Residence), Asylum Application, TPS (Temporary Protected Status) visa, I-601 Waivers, Consular Processing, and N -400 Application for Citizenship
2. Deportation Defense: I can assist in case development and identifying forms of relief from deportation, writing respondent's declarations, writing Memorandums on Points and Authorities, writing Motions and Briefs, writing Petitions for Review for detained and non-detained cases;
C. Other Areas of Law:
1. During my internship years in Wisconsin I did research and writing for the Department of Justice, Environmental Protection Division. My job was to identify potential legal issues with DOJ cases and statutory violations. I was required to write a legal memorandum and lay out my legal findings and conclusions.
2. During my internship at the...
Read More »