Over the past decade, I have amassed a varied array of writing experience at a number of respected organizations involving both print and online publishing.
Read More »
Initially, I began my writing career within the local business scene, conducting interviews and composing a variety of pieces on companies throughout all industries. In particular, my staff position at the Tampa Bay Business Journal ¬– a subsidiary of national corporation American City Business Journals – enabled me to hone my interview skills, sharpen my reporting acumen and develop a thorough understanding of online publishing. Likewise, my freelance roles at the Maddux Business Report and Dunndeal Publications allowed me to further develop my skills as a writer and contribute multifaceted feature stories.
Throughout my writing career I have also developed a strong niche reporting on the entertainment industry. A lifelong pop culture fanatic, I began writing for the entertainment and lifestyle section of my alma mater's student newspaper, The Oracle. Since then, I have written hundreds of breaking news stories, features and reviews on both film and television for highly regarded sites like Screen Rant and Airlock Alpha. For nearly two decades, I have closely followed the latest developments throughout the entertainment world and have successfully established myself as an authoritative voice on the industry.
In addition to my professional writing experience, I have lots of experience developing a presence on social media as well as maintaining my own personal blog sites. I have worked closely with HTML, web content management systems and a variety of software ranging...
Read More »
Holland & Knight LLP
Marketing Communications Coordinator
2014 - Present
• Collaborated with other departments to provide firm-wide support
• Crafted new employee announcements, bios, articles and assorted other material
• Developed a deeper understanding of industry...
2012 - Present
• Crafted hundreds of articles on breaking entertainment news stories
• Contributed to the #1 independently-owned film news site in the U.S.
• Fostered the interaction and discussion by actively...
Ceridian Benefits Services
2011 - 2014
• Compose proposal packages with interdepartmental cooperation
• Customize product information to meet prospective client needs
• Acquire vital experience in technical writing of benefits services
Ignite Media Solutions
Interactive Script Writer
2010 - 2011
• Developed both Speech and Web scripts for the direct response market
• Drove sales for our clients and explore new marketing avenues
• Gained hands-on experience with technical,...
Tampa Bay Business Journal
2007 - 2010
• Contributed to award-winning reporting for both print and online editions
• Utilized online publishing tools to upload the print edition and daily Web stories
• Performed thorough research for...
University of South Florida - The Oracle
Staff Writer / Montage Editor (summer 2007)
2006 - 2008
• Responsible for copy editing, page layout, and story budgeting
• Managed existing writers and ushered in new talent
• Sharpened reporting, research, and interviewing skills
2004 - 2008
• Composed advertorials on local businesses and individual profiles
• Conducted interviews with countless Bay area business owners
• Honed proofreading and copyediting skills
St. Petersburg Times (now Tampa Bay Times
2007 - 2007
• Provided clerical support for various departments throughout the newsroom
• Maintained website daily to ensure accuracy
• Gained valuable experience in an active newsroom
Maddux Business Report
2006 - 2007
Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center (now Straz Ctr)
Grant Writing Intern
2004 - 2004
University of South Florida
English (Professional and Technical Writing)
2001 - 2005