Currently: PostgreSQL expert with a broad range of large enterprise experience
Read More »
History: 18 years' experience in database design and systems engineering, GIS, web applications, document management, image processing, touchscreen and network appliance development.
Sep 15, 2009|Software Application|$6,220|Completed
Jul 13, 2009|Web Programming|$2,500|Completed
May 26, 2008|System Administration|$1,500|Working
Mar 18, 2008|System Administration|$3,000|Working
In my 18 years of experience, I have done projects for large corporations and small companies, including database systems engineering, CRM projects, electronic communications/GIS, and web-based messaging. I have also done extensive client-side programming for touchscreen kiosk systems requiring image-processing, systems integration and document management.
- Database design and systems engineering, specializing in PostgreSQL, also proficient with MSSQL and MySQL Provided onsite and remote PostgreSQL consultation for large enterprise (including Fortune 500).
- Extensive experience with server application development and deployment on Linux and FreeBSD (and some Windows).
- Setting up and automating Linux and FreeBSD cloud-based servers, with experience in Docker for Linux and jails for FreeBSD.
- Application development for web and server-side, using PHP, Ruby, C, Python, Perl, Bash, Tcsh
- Codebase and filesystem management with source control tools such as Subversion, Git, and rsync.
Read More »
Freelance PostgreSQL Expert
2011 - Present
As the PostgreSQL DBMS began increasing greatly in popularity in large enterprise and Big Data applications, became a very much in-demand consultant, assisting corporate development and I.T. teams...
The Walt Disney Company
Web application and Linux admin contractor
2009 - 2011
Worked with a small web development team to create websites for Disney travel/vacation listings, as well as various related web applications. Acted as primary in-house Linux admin for the team,...
2003 - 2003
Managed and revamped online P2P/B2B payment system. Took over management of existing codebase, handled the transition from prototype to production-ready system, migrated databases from MySQL to...
1999 - 2001
Developed and implemented web-based applications, focusing mainly on the E-Possibility's flagship product, StickyWeb(TM). This was a web-based web design tool, featuring full drag-and-drop...