Looking for an experienced networking specialist? Linux related work? Whether you want to hire to get work done or just want to have answers on varius topics, I will be able to put you on the right track.
I'm Cisco CCNP certified, experienced in networking and Linux administration and I work in the Computing Center of AGH University in Krakow (Poland).
My daily tasks range from e-mail delivery, web hosting, MySQL, routing to switching and monitoring.
- Linux LAMP servers: management, maintenance, troubleshooting, performance tuning, monitoring. Linux distros: Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat
- optimization / cost reduction of Amazon Web Services services (VPC, EC2, S3, EBS)
- SMTP servers setup: SPF, DKIM, POP/IMAP, WebMail, SPAM filtering. Postfix, Dovecot, SpamAssasin
- WWW servers: Apache / Nginx / Lighttpd setup and optimization: PHP, MySQL, htaccess debugging, DDoS prevention
- MySQL performance tuning, backups
- High Availablility environments: HA at layer 2, HA at Layer 3, MySQL Clustering, HAproxy, mod_proxy, load balancing, Varnish content caching
- Storage: RAID arrays, ZFS, NFS
- DNS with geolocalization: BIND, djbdns
- Websites migration: cPanel, Plesk, Wordpress, Joomla
- Monitoring: SNMP, Nagios, Cacti
- Virtualization: VMware, Xen, OpenVZ, Linux Containers, cgroups
- Networking and TCP/IP: configuring and troubleshooting complicated L2 and L3 protocols, IPv4, IPv6, securing networks
- Routing: static routing, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, RIP
- Configuring Cisco L2/L3 switches and routers
- Configuring Linux routing
- Statefull and stateless firewalls
- VPN tunnels with OpenVPN, IPsec, PPTP, L2TP, GRE, IPv6 tunnels
- Preparing and debugging shell scripts: Bash, Unix Shell
- Programming in Perl, Python, AWK, Sed
Cisco Certified Network Professional
Computing Center at AGH University in Krakow (Pol)
2009 - 2014
Administering web hosting, virtualization and core network.
Deploying, configuring, troubleshooting and monitoring routers and switches (Cisco, Linux, D-link), installing and configuring http servers, PHP, clustered MySQL, SMTP. Maintaing storage area network (FC), configuring RAID arrays. Monitoring services and servers (Nagios). Managing of VmWare, Xen and OpenVZ.
Configuration, performance tuning and troubleshooting of the following services:
- Linux CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, Red Hat
- Apache, Nginx, PHP, MySQL, Postfix
- Bash, Python, Perl, AWK scripting
- Cisco L2/L3 switches, VLANs, OSPF Routing, VPN
- Monitoring with MRTG, Nagios, SNMP
- Datacenter technologies: VmWare, Xen, OpenVZ
- DNS, DHCP
ISTS Sp. z o.o. - Internet Service Provider
2008 - 2009
Configuring, troubleshooting and monitoring network devices - routers, switches, access points. Configuring and maintaining web hosting services (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP). Supporting customers, handling incidents.
GNU/Linux distros: CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu
Web hosting services: Apache, PHP, MySQL, Postfix, FTP, DNS, Bash scripting
Cisco: VLANs, OSPF routing