I have a profound respect for language and written communication. As a copy editor, I provide clear, concise syntax while maintaining the author's unique voice and tone. As a proofreader, I take pride in highly meticulous, detailed and organized work. As an avid reader, every assignment is given thoughtful and enthusiastic attention.
Read More »
I bring a strong focus on punctuation, grammar, spelling, and word choice. I am extremely efficient and all projects include any necessary research and fact checking. Personal strengths include a sense of humor...
With a Bachelor of Arts in theatre arts/ creative writing - and a concentration in journalism – I bring a strong focus on grammar, voice, and organization. In addition to formal training, my experience and skills have expanded to include various aspects of written communication, providing versatility to clients and projects.
- Research (general, academic, medical, and legal)
Computer /Software Skills:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Word Press
- Social Networking (MySpace, Facebook, Twitter; aggregates, blogs, etc.)
- Print Shop
- Windows Movie Maker
- Typing and word processing (75 WPM)
- Data entry
Style Guides: APA, MLA, Chicago (Please indicate preference)
- Academic papers
- Website content
Areas of Expertise:
- Pop culture: movies, TV, music, magazines
- Books, literature
- Social networking
- Internet memes, viral videos
- Heath and fitness, yoga
- Animal welfare issues, companion animal guardianship
Read More »
National Anti-Vivisection Society
2004 - Present
• Write copy and/or proofread: newsletters, brochures, flyers, eblasts, and online content (see attached)
• Administrate navs.org utilizing knowledge of Convio and HTML
• Implement/ moderate...
Fritkin Jones Design Group
2003 - 2004
• Duties included: greet clients, forward incoming calls, handle all incoming/ outgoing mail, Fed Ex, and messenger services, check evening voice mail
• Provided support for departments as...
Kelly Services - Sara Lee Corporation
Pension Administration Assistant
2002 - 2002
• Organized/ maintained projects with frequent updates, incl. pending and insufficient data
• Assisted pension administrators in fielding/ returning calls, sorting/ preparing mail, pulling files
1998 - 2002
• Maintained daily staff communication: individual / team sales goals, new products, daily priorities
• Created weekly schedules: staffing, cleaning, stocking
• Store operations: opening/...