I provide litigation, counseling, business formation, and transactional services to clients of all sizes, from Fortune 500 companies to sole proprietorships. My clients include individuals, partnerships, corporations, LLCs, and non-profits. I work primarily for businesses in the Fashion, Graphic Arts, Independent Film, New Media and E-commerce, Restaurants, Food and Beverage, and Retail industries.
Read More »
I handle civil lawsuits through all phases of their life cycle: from pre-filing strategy, negotiation and analysis, to provisional remedies,...
I have been a practicing California business attorney since 2005. I graduated from the University of San Diego School of Law and received my B.A. from the University of California, Davis.
I prosecute and defend against claims in all California state courts and before the federal Central and Southern District Courts of California regarding:
- Copyright, trademark and trade dress infringement
- Theft of trade secrets
- Corporate governance, partnership and shareholder disputes, and business entity divorces
- Employment law such as wage and hour, wrongful termination, and sexual discrimination
- Violations of rights of publicity and privacy
- Breach of contract
- Debt collection
- Unfair competition
- Business torts
In addition to representing clients in disputes, I'm also highly adept at structuring, negotiating and drafting various deals related to:
- Corporations, limited liability companies (LLCs), and partnerships
- Apparel design, merchandising, distribution, and licensing
- Models, talent, spokespersons, and designers
- Independent film production
- Copyright and trademark licenses and transfers of ownership
- Employees, independent contractors, vendors and service providers
- Marketing, advertising, and promotion of goods and services
- Non-disclosure and confidentiality
Read More »
Bly Law, PC
2011 - Present
We provide comprehensive business litigation and transactional services in the fields of trademark, copyright, business torts, employment defense, breach of contract, fraud, commercial,...
Law Office of Shanen R. Prout
Attorney at Law
2008 - Present
I assist clients in starting and operating businesses, meeting legal and regulatory obligations, defending themselves in civil litigation, and exploiting and protecting their copyrights,...