I am an accomplished writer, editor and proofreader with a law degree. I have published a book and several articles covering various topics including small business management, health, parenting, employee benefits, law and family life. I have also served as an adjunct writing instructor at a law school.
In addition, I have served as an editor and managing editor for a professional journal.
Most importantly, I enjoy writing!
I provide high quality writing, editing, proofreading,and transcribing. I have experience writing website content and blogs with SEO, magazine articles, and professional journal articles. In addition, I can write and edit legal blogs, law firm web content, and other legal documents.
Boston University School of Law
1988 - 1991
1983 - 1987
2008 - 2012
Wrote business-related articles, promotional materials and website content for several corporations.
Stacey M Design
2007 - 2012
Illustrate paper products for boutique design firm; Develop and implement marketing and sales strategy; Responsible for securing sales contracts with large and small retailers including Nordstrom and Carson Pirie Scott & Co. Managed sales team at major trade shows, including the National Stationery Show. Responsible for sales at local consumer events.; Secured licensing agreements for products sold in major retailers such as Target Corporation.
International Profit Associates
2007 - 2008
Researched and wrote articles related to small business management for the corporate national quarterly magazine, circulation of 20,000.
Assistant Vice President- Contract Management
2005 - 2006
- Provided Senior Management with data on contract and supplier performance, critical to making decisions on contract renewal. Used data to successfully renegotiate contracts with reduced capital expenditures and increased efficiency.
- Conducted monthly contract review meetings with Senior Management to discuss the status of vendor relationships, advise on jeopardy issues and recommend solutions, resulting in improved vendor performance.
- Closely monitored contract expenditure variances against the budget resulting in 75% decrease in budget overruns. Ensured compliance with contract terms and conditions.
- Consulted with legal department on contractual legal matters, minimizing exposure to financial losses and legal challenges.
- Initiated monthly conference call with vendors resulting in improved relations and communications.
- Designed and implemented invoice management improvements that reduced invoice turn around time from 60 days to 14 days. Saved company over $100K by discovering invoicing discrepancies.
- Served as Division subject matter expert on vendor status reporting, process flow, contract interpretation and invoice management.
Quality Analyst and Trainer
1999 - 2004
Documented business unit processes and procedures in preparation for ISO certification ; Managed team of ISO document managers; Scheduled and managed ISO audits for ISO 9001 certification; Performed internal audits; Served on teams that established top level procedures and sections of the Quality Manual for implementation of ISO 9001; Managed team that researched and drafted methods and procedures for the administration of defined benefit plans covering over 100,000 lives; Drafted Overview of Pension Concepts, a training manual for new employees
The John Marshall School of Law
1993 - 1995
Taught writing class to first year law students.