Stay at Home Mom
Logistics and Warehouse Officer
Atlas Copco Tanzania Ltd
March 2010 – October 2011 (1 year 8 months)
Oversee the Logistics and Warehouse functions at the Mwanza branch.
These duties include:
- Carry out stock ordering and holding functions.
a. Stock Planning and re-ordering in consultation with the relevant sales and aftermarket departments.
b. Order placement with distribution centers.
c. Communication with Logistics service providers to facilitate shipment and clearing, Order receiving, inspection and Warehousing.
d. Arrange road transport, loading and offloading of imported goods.
e. Stock control management, including update of stock records.
f. Stock takes.
g. Stock returns.
h.Ensuring safety of stocks.
- Manage counter sales and issuing of equipment, parts and consumables:
a. Issue and document issues to Atlas Copco staff.
b. Receive and address customer enquiries.
c. Identify customer needs and prepare quotations.
d. Issue and document deliveries to customers.
e. Raise invoices for all issues, externally and internally as required.
- Follow up payment for credit sales.
- Maintain good customer relations, including provision of regular feedback on delivery issues and stocking management.
- Provide back-up for Logistics and Warehouse staff for other sites if and when required.
- Maintain high standards of workmanship and observe safety and environmental requirements.
- Undertake ad-hoc project work as required.
Read More »