Versatile editor with a publishing house background. Primary skills: gumption and hawk-like vision for spotting errant commas and capsized capitalization.
Read More »
Jan 2, 2014|Editing & Proofreading|Private|Completed
Apr 17, 2013|Copywriting|Private|Working
Feb 20, 2013|Editing & Proofreading|Private|Working
View All »
Feb 11, 2013|Ghost Writing|Private|Working
My written works span from full-length fiction and nonfiction manuscripts to blog posts to book reviews to video game dialogue. On rare occasions, I do handwritten letters of apology for forgetting Mother's Day.
I edit for grammar, spelling, and structure without sacrificing your artistic integrity. Along with fact-checking, organizing, and proofreading your text, I will make suggestions according to your needs. Your vision for the project is of the utmost importance.
If you have something that you need to get written or edited, then I'm your girl Friday.
Read More »
2011 - Present
Book reviewer and staff writer for an online cultural magazine that covers current events, film, music, art and more.
Interim East Coast Editor
2011 - 2011
- Managed and assigned weekly article topics to a staff of 7 writers and 2 copy editors - Researched current events for all 6 sections of a digital magazine highlighting independent artists,...
Frank Capri Photography
2011 - 2011
- Compiled and organized critiques and feedback for an autobiographical memoir of nearly 74,000 words - Prepared 6 initial rough drafts of a manuscript for submission
2010 - 2011
- Wrote and fine-tuned unique website content, including over 200 articles for SEO excellence
- Developed marketing and promotional materials, website layouts, and business presentations for a...
Research and Development
2009 - 2011
- Designed innovative curriculum and community projects for ESL learners ranging from grades 4 to 8
- Taught intensive 3- to 4-hour classes, each with a maximum number of 10 students
Handcrafted Model Ships
2009 - 2009
- Grew keyword-rich content for flagship and satellite websites
- Researched product history and ensured accuracy of detail placement
- Wrote engaging product descriptions for one of the top...
Sterling and Ross Publishers
2008 - 2008
- Edited several novel-length manuscripts for subsequent national release in stores and online
- Reviewed in-depth amateur and cold proposals, determining projected marketability and viability
Johns Hopkins University Press
2007 - 2008
- Compared and edited page proofs, manuscript layouts and advanced copy on deadline
- Edited manuscripts geared toward national markets, covering diverse topics including French fashion,
Johns Hopkins University
BA in Writing Seminars
2004 - 2008